Chapter 19 Seth's Persuit

From New York's central business district's dull, black, and yellow striped asphalt. Look up to the Heavens and gaze upon the skyline; watch it vividly outline the shape of Austin Industries tower.

The tall skyscraper has served the Austin family for decades, epitomizing their legacy's vastness. The goal-orientated building stretches toward the sky, seeking to achieve a goal that many have not: reaching for the blue coating of atmospheric gases. As the skyscraper stands tall, its two additional triangular-shaped towers add more depth. This is similar to a leaner woman who puts on extra clothes, giving passersby the impression that she has accumulated a massive chunk of weight. 

The skyscraper is garbed with diagonal frames that run across each other, forming triangled-shaped window panels. From the tallest tower, an emblem is plastered there. With a big red and white font, the logo is written as Austin Industries.

Inside the building, Sam was going through a stack of files in his office on his desk.

A knock echoed throughout the office from outside the door, "Come in!" He responded.

The door opened, revealing Sam's assistant, a blond-haired woman. She wore glasses, and the smooth texture of her skin reinforced the image that she was still in the fragrance of her youth, perhaps in her young adult phase. Kendall Coleman is her name, and she walked into his office holding a tray with a cup and a kettle with coffee.

"Here's your coffee, sir," Kendall said respectfully as she placed the tray on the table.

 "Thanks, Ken,"  he replied and took the kettle. He poured the coffee inside the cup and put the kettle down. Before taking a sip, the scent of crushed beans slapped him hard on the face while steam ascended from the black liquid. He took a sip and closed his eyes, "Nothin beats a strong cup of coffee in the morning. "

"That's what I always say, boss," Kendall said with a smile. 

Sam noticed this and asked, "May I ask you a hypothetical question?"

"Uhhh..." Kendall said, but before she could continue, Sam interrupted her by saying, "You don't have to answer that."

"Okay, shoot," Kendall replied.

"Are you dating someone? If not, why hasn't someone swept you off your feet?" He asked as he set the cup aside and sat back on his chair. He intertwined his fingers and looked at her.

"I don't know, maybe guys are thrown off by my glasses," she said on a whim.

 Sam smiled and said, "Well, I think you look...very hot with those glasses. I mean, they compliment you."

Kendall adjusted her glasses and blushed intensely. Although she struggled to articulate her words, she eventually spoke, "Well...I... will see you later."

Kendall then turned around and walked out of the office. She closed the door and stood there for a while. Her heart and breathing rate dramatically increased, making it all the more difficult to remain tranquil. Who can blame her, though? Sam abruptly dropped a nuke on her. She didn't expect him to make a move on her, especially since she felt he was in a different league. More than that, those words touched her deeply, making her feel more special.

"Just breathe, just breathe. He's your boss. There's no way he would go out with you," she said, trying to be realistic. 

********

Philidalphia, Pennyslvania

Diana's Hotel Room

"What the heck do you want from me, huh?" Diana inquired with intensity oozing out of her tone.