Chapter 32 An Eye For An Eye

"Make your choice and see how your deeds will reward you."

Diana turned to Sam and muttered with protest, "He can't be serious. There is no way he can pull that off." 

"Yes, he can..." Gordon said while his eyes scanned their surroundings, cautiously eyeing the shiver of troopers around them.

"...Seth's Mothership has a particle beam weapon. It has so much star power and energy that it can incinerate everything in its path from a long-distance range. Then again, killing you will serve no purpose. He could be stalling or invoking fear to manipulate us to his will."

 "He is one crazy bastard," scoffed Dan as he crossed his arms.

While there was chattering amongst themselves, the Mothership released a particle beam weapon from its port. The enormous weapon aimed at the twenty-five-story Time Square building.

"Um, guys!" Diana hinted at the others who followed her gaze. And there it stood, a massive particle beam weapon, measuring 10.5 meters in height and 34 meters in length. Its presence sent shivers down their spines as it was salivated with a thirst for destruction. 

Sam stepped forward; in doing so, the troopers that surrounded them stepped back cautiously and stemmed their fingers a few millimeters away from the trigger.

The latter had come to a conclusive decision, however, whatever decision he took rattled vibrantly in his mind. Each choice that was offered to them had a downside. Giving themselves to Seth would not only mean that they'd abandon their moral compass and become slaves to wickedness; but more so, they'd also serve a higher power. Where else if he chose to reject his offer yet again, death would be knocking on their doorstep.

"I'm not gonna lie, you are persistent. Our answer remains as clear as day..."

Just before Sam could finish his sentence, rage was boiling through his blood as his brows furrowed immensely.

"No, we are not going to join you. Even if we do, whose to say you won't keep your word? Besides, even if you're gonna level this place, you would've done yourself a huge disservice as you need us to fulfill whatever stupid agenda you have.  "

"You insulant fools! What will it take to make you follow me? You do not think that I will do it. You think that I'm striking fear in your hearts to manipulate you, is that it? How wrong you are! Since you chose death. I will be more than happy to be the one to put your pitiful lives to an end!"

Suddenly a green flash of light emitted from the nose of the particle-beam weapon. The flash of light morphed into a ball of atomic energy. And with each second, the ball grew significantly larger. The four swallowed a hard lump, preparing for what seemed to be the last few seconds of their livelihoods. Just as they were about to be fired upon, the energy ball dissipated.

Seth sighed and placed his forefinger on his temple to balance his head while he rested his arm on the armrest and smirked, "Then again, I do need you, and alive for that matter. My subordinates will have to take you out. Men, attack! But do kill them. I need them alive!"

The four stood close to one another, initially forming a circle as they stood in their fighting positions. Naturally, Dan's fists were coated with fire while Diana's were coated with a wine-purple aura. Meanwhile, Sam's hands were coated with an aura of ultraviolet rays while Gordon placed the double-edged sword in front of him.

The troopers on the ground directed their plasma canons at them and drew closer to them.

Sam then spoke, "Follow my lead, I know what to do." 

The three nodded as he instructed them, "I will try to blind them by spreading my U.V. rays to a large range. Meanwhile, Dan destroy the scoutships above us using your flames. Diana and Gordon, you will take of the rest of the troopers from here!"