Dream Hopping (InkMare)

One of my favorite headcanons for Dream is that he dream hops. Most of the time, it's unintentional, but sometimes it's intentional. Nightmare can too, but doesn't often. Even corrupted, Nightmare follows the rule of no fighting in someone's dream. A few other headcanons for Dream are: he isn't as innocent as he seems (due to dream hopping), he loves soap operas (and sometimes visits certain people's dreams because of this), if he sees something that changes his view on someone he will judge them silently, and he can no longer look at certain objects or hear certain words the same way anymore. All of this also applies to Nightmare as well. This is before the main story. And before the final truce was made. It does get a little steamy at the end, but nothing too much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright, goodnight guys." Dream looks up from his book to see Cross waving to them.

"Goodnight, Cross." Dream smiles and waves back to him. "See you in the morning."

"Night, bro!" Ink keeps his attention on his drawing.

Lust yawns and waves to Cross as he stretches his legs over Ink's lap. Ink softly smiles before continuing drawing. Dream wonders what he's drawing, and Ink continues to sketch a lone tree on top of a hill. Dream chuckles softly as he looks around. Blue and Outer already left the room. Blue was tired from running around the islands of the Doodle Sphere chasing Error. Error moved into the Doodle Sphere recently since making another truce with Ink. Ink had asked him to move into the Doodle Sphere as well since he didn't like going into the Anti-void as much. Outer just went back to his Au to be with his Papyrus.

"So, should we turn in too? It's," Dream glances at the clock, "close to midnight... I think." Ink looks up from his sketchbook to look at the clock. Time is a tricky thing in the Doodle Sphere.

"Well. Yeah. I guess you're right." Ink sighs before stretching. "Alrighty. Lust you need to get off meeeee." Ink groans. Dream laughs a little as Lust sighs and stretches out a little more before getting off of Ink.

"Well then. Goodnight you two. I'll see you in the morning." Dream waves to Ink and Lust as he walks up the stairs to his room.

"Goodnight, Dreamy!" Lust calls out with a yawn. "Goodnight Ink." Ink smiles as he starts to walk towards the stairs as well.

"Night, Dream! Night, Lust!" Ink whisper shouts as he passes Blue's room.

He walks over to his room and opens the door. He sighs at the organized chaos that is his room. He sets his sketchbook on the desk and sighs softly at the sketch. He takes off his scarf and quickly changes into Gin's jacket and some baggy sweatpants. He yawns and stretches again. Falling onto his bed with a soft groan. He doesn't even bother climbing under the blankets before closing his eye sockets and falling asleep. Dream peeks out of his doorway. He smiles as he hears four different breathing patterns. Although, he has to strain to hear Ink and Blue's. He closes his door quietly. As he slides into his bed he stops to think. Blue's dreams tend to be the same every night. Cross... His dreams are like fever dreams most of the time. Lust? Eh... Probably best to not go into his. He doesn't want to accidentally ruin the surprise of whatever relationship he has with Sage and/or Horror. He isn't sure if Outer is asleep yet in his Au. He was looking forward to watching his dreams.

Ink's? Sometimes they're interesting. It's also interesting how they tend to change when his vials run out. They start as a normal dream, but they tend to change later down the line. Hmm... He wonders if he can see that dream where Ink and that faceless skeleton are acting again. Those were hilarious dreams. Dream smiles, bingo. He takes off his crown and lays down before focusing on Ink's dreams.