To grant a wish

The backstory of Nightmare getting control of his corruption.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leo looks around the kitchen before sighing. He walks into his living room to gather his spear and spare gold. He turns to Green with a frown. He hates having to leave them alone. Anxiety from his past settles in his mind. He knows that his cubs are strong and can take care of each other, but it doesn't stop him from worrying that he'll come home to dust soon.

"I have to go get more food. I'll be stopping at Classic's and Captain's AUs. Do you want anything special?" Green thinks for a moment. His hand taps his chin before looking back at Leo.

"Yeah. Some salmon and tuna?" He pauses to think. His eye lights dart to the side. "Wine? Or anything else you'd think I'd like to drink." 

Leo smiles before nodding, he knows that they aren't going to stop drinking. He hasn't either, so he has no reason to be hypocritical. He walks past Green while patting his skull, making his way over to the hallway. Leo walks over to the smaller room to see Sage laying on her bed. He knocks softly on her door.

"Knock, knock." Sage slowly moves to face the door with a small smile. Leo leans against the doorframe looking at the deep blue walls. "I'm going to Classy and Cap. Want anything?" Sage giggles before nodding. She loves the nicknames she gave them. Her small gaster blaster rises from her arms and floats over to Leo before nuzzling into him. 

"Teacakes! A-and... Golden flower tea, please." Sage thinks for a moment before snapping her fingers. She uses her forearms to crawl closer towards Leo on her bed. A habit she hasn't stopped doing since her ankles were snapped. It saddens Leo for a moment before she smiles once more. "Also, some fries? From Grillby?" 

Leo chuckles before nodding. It always takes him by surprise how much she cared for Classic's Grillby. Maybe it's just the fact that it's Classic's Grillby and not her own. Maybe it's because she knows he won't hurt her or buy her. Maybe it's the fact that she knows Classic wouldn't let anything happen to her in his world. He'll never know. He knocks again on her door frame.

"Alrighty then, I'll be home soon. Stay near the house if you go outside. Call my name if something happens, I'll be here as fast as I can. If something feels off, hide in the house. Don't talk to any Sans unless it's one of the Stars or Classy. And you have permission to attack, only in self-defense." 

Sage nods her skull knowingly. She fights the urge to roll her eye lights before watching as Leo's hand twitches at the mention of other Sanses. The way his hand goes to cover his stomach. It makes her curious. She snaps out of her trance to answer Leo. "I know the rules, Mama." 

Leo pauses, he always does at the name. Remorse, guilt, and pain wash over his face before settling into a sad smile. At least he no longer cries at the name. "I'm sorry, but-"

"You're just trying to keep us safe." Green rests his hand on Leo's shoulder. He gives Leo a look. All three of them know never to question or pry into why they do things or why there are certain rules. They're just trying to heal and go on with their lives. "We understand. Just come back soon, alright?" Leo nods before pressing a kiss to their foreheads. He smiles as he walks out of the room, looping his spear on his hip and picking up his backpack. 

"Alright. See you two soon."

With that, Leo walks out of the house. He locks the door behind him before looking around. He smiles at the small forest before walking over to his little secret portal area. He makes sure to grab the two crates of bottled sunlight before leaving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, what do you want to do?" Green lays on Sage's bed. Sage squeaks before laughing and slapping him with her pillow. He sputters before rolling over to avoid another pillow to the face. "Hey!" His voice is riddled with laughter as he feels Sage crawl onto his back and lay on his back. He sighs before pulling down his mask. "Sage? What do you want to do? Mom's gonna be out for a while."