A dream or something more?

"No, no!"

Footsteps are all that I hear. Who's voice is that? Everything hurts, and I can't move. Why does everything hurt so much? It feels like I'm being torn apart. Who's coming closer? Am I going to die? I don't want to go. I can't. Not now. Not now! Two small arms wrap around me and lift me. I can't move my head to see who it is. I can hear them crying, but who is it?

"No, no. Swap! My sweet Swap. Gummy bear, you can't leave me too! Please. Please! Stay with me."

The voice is familiar. I can feel their tears drip onto my face. Ink? Inky? No! NO! I can't leave him! Please, creators. Anyone. Please. I don't want to go. I need to stay alive. I can't leave my Ink. I want to hold him close. I need to live. I have to. I want to stay with him. Move, dammit, move! Move your goddamn arm! Please, please! Let me hold my Ink close once more. Just moving my head causes so much pain. It feels like I'm being burned. My code.

"Swapy. Please. Don't leave me too. I can't- please, don't go. Please, my gummy bear. Please, please! Just stay with me."

I can hear the pain in his voice. I can't leave him yet. He's so fragile. So fragile after ()-||\|. He's holding me to his ribcage. My legs are so cold in the snow. My AU must be dying. Something's happening that Ink can't fix. I'm sorry. I can't leave. This isn't fair. It's not fair. I have to live. I need to... But it hurts so much.

"Please, Please! Lea! Bani! Hunter! Anyone please! Save him!"

Darling, please stop crying. Please, don't ruin your pretty voice. You're screeching too loud, none of the creators will help us now. If I can, I'll become an outcode just like you love. Please, anyone out there, let me be an outcode. I turn my head, it hurts so much. His tears are pure blue, it's a pretty shade of blue. I need to smile. I need to comfort him. I'll be okay. I'll bounce back. I can't see in my left socket anymore. Oh stars above, please don't make me go.

"It's okay." He's stuttering so much. Who is he trying to comfort? "It's going to be okay, Swapy."

Stars above, it feels like my skull is going to explode. His expression doesn't match his tone. His eye lights give it all away and I can't find myself strong enough to breathe. I need to breathe. Come on, I can't let my body fail now. I need to survive. I smile at him, I'm strong. I will survive. I have to. I need to. I must. I have too much to say. Too much to do and live through. Please, let me be with Ink. I can feel my determination starting to spike. I smile, but I can feel my right socket start to melt. Oh god, this is painful. Everything is so painful and so slow. I lift my hand to cup his face. Oh god, I can't feel my arm anymore. I can see my hand, but I don't comment on it. I can't open my mouth. Please, let me speak. Please, let me just tell him everything I want to.

"It's okay Swapy." His voice is so weak and broken. I can barely hear him as he leans into the touch. "You'll never know how much I dream about you~ Or even just how lonely they all seem without you..." His voice is so quiet and breaks off in different places.

Ah. He remembers. He remembers our song. That was our song. Tears burn my face, little trails of fire going to burn the snow under us. That was our song. I try to join in, but I can't even understand myself. Please. I just want to live. His expression tells me a lot. He, tells me a lot. Please, any god, any creator. Let me tell him everything back. I want to tell him. I need to tell him. I can barely feel my face and my arms.

My arm falls and he moves to hold my hand. I can't stay for much longer. Please, anyone. Watch over my Ink. Love him, cherish him. Worship him like the beautiful creation he truly is. I can't tell you how much I cherish you, Ink. I close my eyes as he moves. I hold onto him in my soul, I know. I know the moment I stop trying to fight whatever this is, it's going to hurt. Please, please. Ink, stay with me. I don't want to be alone. Not now. I can barely tell he's still humming our song. Our song. It was meant to be just the three of us. ()-||\|, you and I. I wouldn't have minded. I loved him too. I loved him as he loved me and as you two loved each other.

My Inky, we never said it directly, but both of us love and had loved you for the longest time. I'm going to miss you. I can't fight this anymore. Don't mourn for us. Don't mourn for me. Go and explore the many worlds in our multiverse. Stars, I have loved you. Loved all of you. Despite the vials, despite the pain, despite everything you try to hide. I, love you. I want to say it. I want to scream it. I want you.

But I know my time is up.

You're crying so much now. I think you caught on. I couldn't tell you then, but I will tell you now. It's going to be okay. You gave us everything and anything you could. You never had to. Thank you. I love you lots. Now, I will be watching from the other side. Find another to love as much as you loved us. You have a lot of love in your heart. Trust me. I will love you. Be happy and I will be happy. Don't mourn, you are strong. I know your story will be great. So, Love, and take your time. I'll see you when you join us on the other side but take as long as you need. It's okay.

***

Blue wakes up with a strangled gasp, a hand flying to his left socket. His socket is there. He's so surprised. Tears fall as his throat closes with a loud sob choking him. He slowly curls in on himself while wrapping his arms around himself. What was that? Why does everything burn like it did in that dream? Is that even a dream? The image of Ink's face comes back to him and he hurries out of his bed. His tears never stop as the urge to go to Ink fills his soul.

He just wants to make sure Ink is okay. Just that he's there. That he's alright. That he isn't mourning him, he's still there. He stops for a moment as he tries to calm his breathing. He takes a moment to wipe the sweat from his face. He squeezes his sockets shut as he tries to collect himself. Why is he so sad? What's going on? What was that? Was that even a dream? Who is... Blue swallows. Ink had said what? Ink had called Blue his... His... something. He shakes his skull before sniffling as more tears fill his sockets. Why does he miss Ink so much? He just saw Ink a few hours ago.

Before he knows it, he's in front of Ink's door. He grips his nightshirt tightly before knocking softly. He makes his way inside, quietly, before standing over Ink's bed. He watches the smaller sleep for a few minutes as his mind slowly starts to calm down. He starts to cry as phantom pain fills his skull and arms. Blue lets out a small whimper of pain as he grabs his skull as his azure eye lights slowly lose their glow, becoming the normal cobalt blue they normally are. Ink turns around with a soft groan before sitting up while rubbing his socket. He glances at Blue before opening his arms out to Blue, who immediately picks Ink up and lays down on the bed with Ink in his arms. He curls around the small body in worry before hearing another grunt of discomfort.

"You weren't the first one who wanted comfort tonight." Ink's soft voice rings with soft laughter and Blue feels his cheekbones lighten as Dream rolls over with a huff to hug the two of them.

"Shhh. We sleep now." Dream's voice is blurred with sleep.

He snuggles into Ink's side and throws a leg over the two of them as Blue holds Ink on his chest. Ink slowly rubs small circles on Blue's sockets while humming a wordless tune, something that sounds so similar to the broken song Ink sung in that dream. Blue lets himself relax with the touch and slowly falls back to sleep. He's barely awake to feel the small kiss on his jawline from Ink.

"It's okay, gummy bear. I'm here. Just rest now."