Tattoos and Code (ErrorInkKillMare)

This is more of a one-shot of an Ink head cannon for me. I like to think that most of Ink's tattoos are from when he passed through the code of his Au. And the ones on his arms are actually noted with he wants to remember forever. He just writes it in code so no one can use it against him.

Third Person POV

Ink hums softly as he gets out of the shower. He reaches out for his towel only to find it missing. He sticks his head out of the shower curtain and looks around. Of course. I forgot about it. He sighs before tapping on the wall of the room next door.

"Ruru?"

"Yeah?" Ink chuckles at the muffled voice. Error sits up from his hammock and looks at the wall in confusion.

"Can you bring me a towel, please? I forgot to bring one in with me." Error blushes. None of them have seen more than what Ink lets them. Which isn't much of himself. Nightmare looks up from the bed. If Error won't do it, he will. Killer sits up.

"Uh... sure!" The three of them look at each other before scrambling to get to the towel cabinet first.

"I'm gonna be the one to see Ink's bones for the first time!" Error growls as he steals the towel from Killer's arms.

"No! He asked me!" Nightmare sighs as he lets go of control and lets the goop cover him again. He grabs the two of them.

"Now let's just do this together. I have a plan." The other two look up at him before nodding.

They make their way back to the bathroom next to their room. Nightmare knocks on the door with the other two in his tentacles. Ink looks up from the tub floor to the door. He peeks out the shower curtain as he stands up. Nightmare knocks on the door again.

"You can come in, but um... don't look?" Nightmare chuckles before Killer starts to squirm in his hold. 

"Woah!" 

As Nightmare opens the door, Killer manages to knock into Error, causing all three to fall into the bathroom. Ink shrieks from being startled before staring down at the three of them. Error, as they were falling, had grabbed onto the shower curtain. Pulling it until it ripped. Everyone stops as they stare at Ink's exposed bones. They feel their cheekbones grow hotter as they take in the sight. They've seen his dark grey ulnas and radiuses. Along with his smoke grey carpals and metacarpals. Their stares trail upwards from his tattooed arms to his rib cage. Where there are beautiful abstract designs of what looks like ink tattoos that cover every inch of every rib. The slight cloud grey of his sternum. Their eye lights trail down his spine, taking in every inch of it. Following the pattern of dark grey, white, and light grey vertebrae. The continuation of tattoos down his spine as well. Then they stop because the damn tub is in the way, covering the rest of the small artist from their views. 

It only then do they make eye contact again with Ink. His skull is covered in a rainbow blush, and rainbow freckles making themselves visible as he grabs the towel from Nightmare's hand before squeaking. 

"Out." 

Ink tries to glare but he's too embarrassed to seem overly pissed. The others nod before retreating out of the room and into the big living room. Nightmare turns to Killer, to see a trail of blood coming from his nasal cavity. Error seems to be trying his hardest not to gitch out. Nightmare tries to control his blush before letting the two go onto the couch. Killer sits up immediately.

"You think those tattoos continue everywhere on his body?" He grins as he looks at Error and Nightmare.  

"How come we've never seen them before?" Killer thinks for a moment before turning back to Error.

"Maybe they're sensitive?" Nightmare shrugs before sitting down.

"Maybe I don't like what they remind me of? Or how they look?" All three of them turn to look at the small artist, who is wearing the oversized jacket of Error, one of Killer's sleeveless turtlenecks, and a pair of Nightmare's pants. He walks over to them and sits down on Nightmare's lap. The other two scoot closer to them and sit on either side.

"Huh? You... don't like them?" Ink nods as he grabs onto the sleeves of the jacket. Killer looks at Ink's hands before taking one and gently rubbing his knuckles. "Why wouldn't you like what you did?" Ink frowns.

"That's the thing. I didn't create those 'tattoos.' They've just always been there. And... I don't like them." Ink looks down and the three of them look at each other.

"They're still pretty. If you don't like them, then we'll like them for you." Nightmare says as he sheds the goop off himself. Causing it to seep back into his bones. Ink snorts before smiling.

"Thanks." Error taps him.

"Can we see them? Or at least the ones on your arms?" 

Ink thinks for a moment before nodding. He rolls up his sleeves to his joint. The three of them stare in awe as they try and map them. Killer gently traces his finger against one and Ink shivers before giggling. 

"Sorry. Ticklish."

Killer smiles and pulls one of Ink's arms into his lap to look at the tattoos closer. He stares in wonder, and Nightmare and Error do as well. They follow the swirls and dots. How they lead into triangles and lines. The squares next to spirals and hearts. Then, Killer notices one of the tattoos in the shape of a star next to what looks like flower petals and the outline of a mask. He looks under it to see what looks like a crumpled piece of paper. He stares in confusion as he notices an arrow next to it leading to what looks like a silhouette of something. He then looks at Ink's other arm and sees more strange shapes that don't seem random. 

"Hey Inky, some of these don't look random." Ink blinks.

"Oh, right. Sometimes when I have notes that I don't want to ever run the risk of losing, I add them onto my arms like tattoos. But they're in code, so no one other than you three know them." He takes his arm from Killer and points to a crescent moon with a dot in its center. "This is the symbol for Night." He points to what looks like two rectangles overlapping each other. "This is Ruru." He points to a target. "This stands for you, Kills." He smiles as he traces the three arrows leading to a date. It's written in such a curly font that none of them noticed that it was a date at first glance.

"That's the date we got together." Nightmare looks at Ink, whose cheekbones become a vibrant rainbow. 

"I didn't want to forget that." He turns to face Nightmare and smiles. The others smile back at him. 

Ink continues to tell the three about the secret notes he left on his arms to remember things. However, he never did tell them about the others that Killer saw. That would be a story for another day.