The one book he wants to forget

The others love to come into Ink's library. There are some books that Ink's "written" himself. Dream and Killer are the only ones who get away with reading them because they never connect them back to Ink. Dream thinks they're just lovely fairytales to love stories. Killer thinks they're stories of unfinished AUs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dream sighs before gripping his lemonade tighter. He walks into the library with a smile. He's been wanting to sit down and read more for a while. The truce was taking much longer than he expected. He looks over to his left to see Blue passed out at a desk. A sharpening stone dry as he lays on the flat side of the sword, seemingly passed out while sharpening his sword. Dream chuckles before continuing into the library.

He continues his way to a small corner. It's covered in pillows and blankets. It's a small cave of softness. He feels himself relax at the thought of soft comfort. That those blankets and stolen jackets would and will keep him safe. Keeping him safe from everything as he reads. He sets his bottle down in the small cave before looking back at the shelves. He wasn't sure what to read.

To continue the story of the dancers? What about the story of the lovers at the festival? That one is a good one to reread. To reread the story of a lover leaving in the arms of the other? No, he doesn't want to cry right now. What about one of the circus and the people there? Did he ever finish that book? He squints as he tries to think, no, he never finished that one. He got so mad at their world to finish it. What about the one with gods? Hmm... no, he wants to relax not decipher what they are trying to say.

He sighs.

He's read a lot of these books. He can recite his favorite by heart. Even if the names are scratched out. A light pink book catches his eye. He grabs it before hurrying into his little cave, wrapping a blanket over himself, he looks at the title with fascination. One of the only books that still have its title. 

"Us, Forever."

Dream takes a sip of his lemonade before settling into the very back corner of the cave. He moves to open the cover before noticing something strange. He lets out a hum of confusion as the book opens in half instead of individual pages. He opens the book to see blank pages. He pouts before sighing, he wanted to read a good book to relax. Getting ready to close the book, he sees something strange. He opens the book again to see ink converging in between the two pages. His eye lights brighten as he watches it.

Dream watches as the ink comes alive. He watches as a figure with two sets of wings rises from the pages, the words covering them as clothes with words describing them. He watches as they start the dance alone, a low rice hat stops him from seeing their face. Their wings act as arms as they move around. Their clawed feet slowly move around the pages. One moving in a semicircular manner, drawing an imaginary circle with their claws before slowly twirling.

He watches with curiosity and excitement as they dance slowly. Tan and deep brown ribbons dance behind them as they move. They seem to hum as they move. Dream watches as more ink creates another character. Taller than the first. He watches as the knight approaches the first with a sword drawn. The first being stops dancing to stare as the knight drops his sword. The words covering the first change to 'Angel' as their wings flutter before bowing to the other. The words making up the knight's scarf become 'Gummy Bear.' Dream feels he's missing some of their story, but he doesn't mind.

He watches as the knight kneels to the Angel before moving his face guard for the Angel to see. The Angel comes closer before circling the knight once before nodding. Dream watches as the Angel slowly creates arms out of one pair of wings. Mimicking the movements of the knight. He watches as the two start to dance together. In such a manner, it makes him think it's a way of telling their story. Starting so far away from each other, yet the way they would always look back at each other.