A child of strings and a child of sleep (pt 1/2)

The very first Rewrite Ink had ever met PJ and Stain. A little bit of what happened at that time. Fluff-ish.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ink sighs as he looks around at the now-empty AU. He glances around with a frown. He's fixed the rest of the AU except Snowdin, where most of the fighting was. He rubs the sweat away from his eyebrow ridge. He's been working on this for a day or two already. He drinks a little more from each vial before getting up and stretching. His break was long enough. Two minutes was long enough, right? Yeah, that should be long enough. He groans as his spine pops in several areas before hearing the satisfying cracks in his upper back and neck. He grabs Broomie before walking over to the destroyed forest to start. 

A few hours pass by as he makes his way to the small shop for another break. He's finished the forest, he just needs to finish the rest of Snowdin and then bring back the people. He pulls out his multiverse phone before texting Poketale Sans. He smiles to himself as he lets Poke know that his home is almost done. Poke reminds him not to rush and to take longer breaks. Ink sighs before rubbing his ink splotch on his cheekbone. He closes his sockets before sitting back down. His feet are killing him, he'll take another break. Just for a few more minutes. He lays back on the snow before hearing a portal open. He looks in the direction before flopping back down in the snow. 

"Heya, Blue." Blue smiles as he walks over to Ink with a bag in his hands.

"Heya! Dream, Cross, and I were just making sure you eat something. So, I brought some sticky buns, some sweet buns, some cinnamon buns, some pork buns, and some meaty buns! Just take your pick and eat at least a few okay?" Ink huffs with a grateful smile as he looks over at Blue as Blue places them on a small plank of wood he brought. Blue smiles back at Ink before leaving a thermos of coffee on the plank as well. "Eat soon, while it's still hot. Okay?" Ink nods.

"Yeah, yeah. I will. Thank you, Blue." Ink sits up to kiss him on the forehead as thanks. Blue loves physical contact and kisses from friends. Ink smiles at the memory of Blue pinning Cross down just to demand a hug. "Tell Dream I say thanks as well. And make sure Cross doesn't eat all our chocolate. I need to make a stop to buy some more from that AU we like." Blue chuckles before walking back to the portal.

"Okay! Take your time, Ink! We don't need you scaring us again." 

Ink gives him a thumbs up before waving at him as Blue walks through the portal and closes it. He lets out a sigh before shuffling closer to the bag. He smiles before the scents of the meat buns hit him. He looks in the bag to see that Dream had sectioned them off to avoid mixing the buns, he smiles at the extra work Dream did. He reaches in to grab one of the meat buns before taking a bite. He hums at the warmth and taste of the food. Maybe a longer break won't hurt. He smiles to himself as he continues to munch on the buns, a small groan of delight when he bites into one of the sweet buns. He loves Dream's sweet buns. He always knows the difference between a store-bought bun and a Dream bun, no matter what Blue says. 

He sighs softly before drinking the rest of his coffee. He sighs gently, Cross thought ahead and had put some more of his vials inside. He smiles gently to himself before reaching back into the bag. A shrill cry pierces the stilled air. Ink pauses, his sockets widen as his breath hitches. No one is supposed to be here. He turns around to look at the rubble of the shop. He hears a second cry as he slowly stands up. Those are kids. Young monsters. He drops his bag before picking up Broomie and running towards the sound. 

"H-Hold on! I'm coming!" 

He runs over to the wreck that is the shop before looking around. He looks around the mess of strings, goop, and his ink. He grows hesitant at the sight of the excess magic from the others. He has to be careful, he's not sure what could happen if the magic mixes with his. He looks around as he steps in, following the cries. He stumbles over rubble as he ventures further into the store's main building. A loud shriek causes him to panic even more. Something is urging him forward. Something is telling him to look for the cause of the noise.