New Clothes

A Request from @HLNana

Ink changes his old outfit to his new one. (Also a mix of the headcanon that Ink has a tail of ink. All the extra ink he picks up has to go somewhere.) ErrorInkKillerMare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It all started with his shoes. Or just forgetting where they are.

Ink was in his house just cleaning up the mess he made while painting, meaning that he didn't need to have his normal outfit on. His jacket on the coat rack near the doorway along with his scarf, shoes were forgotten under his couch, and his shorts were replaced with somewhat tight-fitting pants that had a small hole for his tail. His suspenders were off as well, sash on the back of his couch along with Broomie. 

He sighs softly as he wipes down the last paintbrushes before making sure to shape the bristles back. He places the paintbrushes back on the shelf dedicated to brushes before turning back to the painting. He smiles at it before faintly tapping it to make sure it's dry. He turns around to grab his coffee mug before taking a sip. His face scrunches as something that wasn't coffee enters his mouth. It takes him a moment to realize that it wasn't his coffee, but his paint water. He spits it out immediately and groans as his tail falls limp against the floor in disappointment.

"Oh goddamnit, not again." He wipes his mouth with his sleeve before noticing that his shirt is covered in paint splatters. "Great. Dream will kill me if I show up looking like this."

So with the paint mug in the sink, and a gulp from his actual coffee mug, he hurries up the stairs to his room. He throws off his shirt, arm sleeves, and gloves before opening his closet. He hums as he looks at all the different clothing inside. Some coming from different rewrites that he was able to recreate, others were just different outfits he could wear. His ink tail flicks back and forth against the floor as he thinks about what to wear. He likes his pants, they're tight enough that it's easier to move around in and still a little loose, but the Star Sanses' base tends to have a lot of different things to either trip over or rip fabric. His overalls catch his attention. He likes them and they're baggy but not enough to hinder his movement; however, there isn't a hole for his tail. Meaning it would be bent at an awkward angle for who knows how long. He taps his foot as he thinks.

"How about a compromise?" He wonders out loud to himself.

He thinks about it before nodding. He slides his overalls on over his pants and then turns back to his closet for a shirt. His tail sticks out from the bottom of his overalls before curling around his ankle. He grabs a white shirt and looks at it before putting it on. It's a little smaller than he remembered. Only covering half of his lower arms. He frowns at the idea of having some of his tattoos showing before glancing down at his feet. He wiggles his dark grey and black phalanges before shrugging. If he's already showing that much, what's a little more going to do? It also reminds him that he can't remember where he put his shoes.

He thinks for a moment before taking some of his ink to create a new pair of gloves. His tail shrinks at the loss of ink causing him to shiver. It always feels weird when he uses his own ink. He smiles at his gloves, mostly fingerless, except for his pinkie. He's been dabbling in digital art, why have to change gloves if he can make these? He smiles, almost ready to leave for his base before feeling a breeze. 

"Huh?"

He walks into the bathroom before realizing that his shoulder blades are exposed by his shirt. He frowns He goes back to his closet before looking around. He spots a brown crop top before smiling. He throws it on top before walking back to the mirror. 

"Wow. This isn't that bad! I needed an update." He snickers at himself posing in the mirror before looking closer. "I can change one last thing..." He closes his eyes and swaps the colors and shapes before opening them again. "There!" Before he can grab a pair of socks, his phone rings. "Hello?"