Our Promise

Part of Nightmare's backstory. The way this multiverse unfolded it. ANGST and fluff, but mainly angst. Inkmare!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ink giggles quietly as he hides in the tree, watching Nightmare look around for him. He smiles before jumping out of the tree and tackling Nightmare to the ground before rolling around. Nightmare bursts into laughter as he holds Ink tightly. They roll around in the grass for a moment before laying next to each other. Ink smiles up at the sun before turning to Nightmare. Nightmare stares at Ink in awe, a soft lilac blush dusts his cheekbones. Ink grabs his hand and gently squeezes it. He turns onto his side as he smiles at Nightmare.

"Remember, only a few more days, and then I can get you out of here." Nightmare's smile widens with hope.

"A few more days."

Ink smiles back as he closes his sockets. He's hated how Nightmare has been treated by the other humans and monsters in his own AU. He knows that Dream is trying his best, but he's trying too much to make sure that everyone is happy. And then in the process, he forgets about Nightmare. Ink intertwines their fingers as he stares into the clouds, watching as different shapes roll through the sky. He's been able to keep some of the bullies away from Nightmare, sacred and threatened them, but it seems that they're learning when he's here and not. So he's tried to do more surprise visits frequently, but that slows down his plans. 

He's been planning to take Nightmare out of Dreamtale and have him live with him in the Doodle Sphere ever since he came to visit and had to stop one of the humans from bashing Nightmare's skull in. They weren't lucky when they tried to run away. However, that means making a fake Nightmare from his code and building a new room in his house. His guest room was already changed into Cross's room. Not to mention that he might have to make another room for Blue before he can move in as well. So visiting more does mean slowing down the plan. Nightmare, on the other hand,  can't wait. Ink's told him the plan and told him about the Multiverse which made him excited to leave. They did plan to come and get Dream not too long after Nightmare. As well as move the tree of feelings so none of the villagers can try anything. 

Ink sighs as he looks at Nightmare. "Almost done. I'll get you out of here soon. Just a little more time. Until then, just hold on. Alright? Don't give in to anything they say or do, you matter." He looks away before looking back at Nightmare. "To me." Nightmare blushes at the statement before looking back up at the clouds.

"I'll try." Ink smiles. He chuckles. "Want to hear about what I think will happen in the future again?" Nightmare chuckles as they move to sit against the tree together.

"You always tell me something different... But yeah." Ink smiles as he leans against Nightmare.

"Well. One day, soon, you'll get out of here. You'll live with me and Cross and Blue and Dream. We'll live in the Doodle Sphere. We'll leave and explore different AUs in our free time. We'll meet more AUs. Like..." Ink pauses to think. "Dusttale Sans... Errortale Sans... Horrortale Sans... and the new AUT Killertale Sans!" Nightmare frowns at the names.

"They sound scary." Ink chuckles before looking down sadly.

"I've looked at their codes. They look scary, but they're really sad. Their stories are... sad." 

Ink pauses for a moment as he thinks about them. He's always felt bad for the Moons in every Rewrite. They never deserved the way they were treated. Then the way people would just call them crazy without thinking about what they went through. He shakes his skull before his thoughts land on Error. He feels guilty. Error was only made because he wanted another friend, but the creators were not kind to him. It was his fault. It'll be a while until they're trapped on that island together like some of the past rewrites. Nightmare looks down at Ink with a confused look. Ink smiles back at him.