Chapter Thirty One-Part 2

Later that night, I stood on the dock, waiting to board the graduation cruise. Everyone was already on board, including Zayn. Harry should've been there already. Maybe he decided he didn't want to go out with me? Maybe he changed his mind? Maybe it was too soon?

"Where are you?" I whispered to myself, pacing back and forth. "Oops?" I turned around to the deep voice. Standing feet away from me, was the love of my life, tux and all. "Hi." I smiled relieved. "Sorry I'm late. Couldn't get my hair right." He smiled cheeky.

"You look nice." I smiled awkwardly, shifting foot to foot. He walked over, kissing my cheek gently before whispering in my ear, "You too. Ready?" He asked, holding out his hand. I couldn't contain my childish blush, as I grabbed his hand and we made our way onto the ship.

We walked into the insanely beautiful ballroom, making our way to the assigned table we shared with Zayn, and a few other seniors. "This is amazing." He whispered next to me. "Yeah, you are." I accidentally slipped out, gazing into his eyes, before slapping a hand over my mouth.

Harry opened his eyes in shock, before sighing with a smile, removing my hand from my mouth, and intertwining it with his below the table, on my thigh. I felt my phone vibrate with a text, telling me it was time. "I'll be right back." I whispered into Harry's ear. Time to get my Hazza for good.

Flashback

"Ok. I can do this. I'm just going to walk up to him, tell him and that's that." I muttered to myself nervously, looking in the bathroom mirror.

"What are you rambling about, Tommo? Finally going to confess your homo love for Styles?" He laughed like it was a joke. I just ignored him, straightening out my tie.

"Holy shit, you are! Oh this is priceless." He kept muttering. "Go away Nick." I rolled my eyes unimpressed. "C'mon little Tommo, it's homecoming! Surely you can see how cliche this all is, besides he's not even gay." He laughed.

"What do you mean?" I turned around abruptly. "I mean, Styles has a crush on Perrie Edwards. Told me himself." He smiled smugly. "You're lying." I felt my throat close up. "Yeah, you keep telling yourself that little buddy. Why do you think he acts like such a psycho? He's not going to ever get a piece of ass like that." He patted my back and walked back out of the bathroom.

Harry liked Perrie Edwards? What the hell? I thought-I guess I was wrong. So wrong. I can't tell him I love him now.

End Flashback

I stood behind the curtain, upon the small stool, nothing but the piano player with me. I took a deep breath, as the curtain opened, lights shining brightly, revealing my entire graduating class, and more importantly...him.

"Class of 2014, we began our night of entertainment with a song written and sung by one of your fellow classmates. Mr. Louis Tomlinson." One of the professors announced. As the piano started, lights blinding my eyes, I searched for him and sang my heart out that May night.

My hands,
Your hands
Tied up
Like two ships.

Drifting
Weightless.
Waves try to break it.
I'd do anything to save it.
Why is it so hard to say it?

My heart,
Your heart
Sit tight like book ends.

Pages
Between us
Written with no end.
So many words we're not saying.
Don't wanna wait 'til it's gone.
You make me strong.

I sang the rest of that song I wrote, wholeheartedly, hoping he would understand everything I've been wanting to say. People soon began slow dancing, and when I was finished, I hopped off the stage, everyone parting like a sea, to be met in the center of the dance floor with a red eyed Harry.

"Listen Haz, I know you're going through a lot still, and I'm sorry if I'm pushing this, but I can't wait any longer! I just have to say it, because if I don't now, I won't ever, and-" I rambled, but was soon cut off when Harry forcefully grabbed my face, bringing me into a passionate kiss. I pulled back, looking into his eyes filled with what I hoped was happiness. "I love you too. I am so in love with you Louis, always have been." He pecked my lips once more.

The surrounding students erupted in applause, and the DJ continued the night with an upbeat song. "That wasn't awkward or anything." I chuckled. "Shut up, and dance with me." He laughed, pulling me further onto the dance floor. We danced like nobody was watching, as the DJ played a song far too relatable to our journey, our struggles.

If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?