Chapter Twenty Two

Knock Knock Knock.

I pounded on Niall's dorm, Zayn appearing moments later. "Harrehhh what's up bro?" He asked, seemingly just waking up. "Ugh. Zayn I fucked up. Niall here?" I groaned pushing pass him.

"Yeah, just went for coffee. Wanna talk about it?" He asked sitting adjacent to me on the floor. "I really fucked up." I repeated. "Yeah...you said that. What happened?" He questioned. "No you don't understand...I really-" I began.
"-fucked up! Yes Styles...I get it. Now what happened?" Zayn exclaimed fed up. "I maybe sorta kinda just did sexual things with Louis." I cowered, covering my face with my hands.

"What do you mean sexual thi- you know what nevermind...I really don't need details. Harry, you are kind of seeing someone right now, and Louis is going to be a father soon. You guys can't keep doing this." Zayn spoke offering advice. "I know, I know. I want him and Eleanor to be happy, I'm happy with Michael..it's just..we have so much history, and I still love him so much." I whispered, tears threatening to fall.

"I really do get it Harry. Nobody is expecting you to just stop loving him, you both have loved each other forever...long before you both even knew, but you need to try and do what's best here bud. I'm always gung-ho for a good high school fairy tale romance, but there's other people involved here...a baby, Harry. I can tell Michael really likes you. I think it's time you really have to move on for good." Zayn spoke confidently.

"You're right. Completely right. It just sucks you know?" I looked up at him. "I do know bud..but Niall and I are always here for you when you just need to talk." Zayn smiled.

"I'm supposed to go to his game tonight." I muttered. "That's fine...good actually. You shouldn't ruin the friendship you've just regained. Want Ni and I to come?" He questioned. "Yeah that'd be great. I know we've only known each other for a few weeks, but thanks for being such a great friend Zayn." I smiled. "Anytime." He smiled back.

The rest of the afternoon was spent playing video games and snacking with Niall and Zayn, and texting Michael.

From Kiddo:
Hey Curls! Miss you!!! Had a great time last night. X

To Kiddo:
Miss you too! Thanks for being so great..I'm glad I have you in my life.

From Kiddo:
Anytime..btw you should def wear my jacket all the time ;) Just saying...

To Kiddo:
haha ok I'll try...when can I see you again? :(

From Kiddo:
What're you doin tonight?

To Kiddo:
Lou has a football game...

From Kiddo:
Oh ok.

To Kiddo:
It's just...I promised him..

From Kiddo:
Don't worry about it Curls, you're being a supportive friend. I trust you x

That's what got to me. He trusted me. Technically Michael and I weren't "official", but he trusted me not to fall back to Louis. I betrayed him.

"Alright, we heading to this game or what?" Niall exclaimed. With a smile and a nod, the three of us got ready to head to the football fields.

We arrived pretty early, but the crowd was already gathered in the bleachers. "I'm going to go wish him good luck." I exclaimed, getting up to find Louis. I assumed the team would be in the locker rooms.

I wandered towards the school, when out of nowhere a hand clamped over my mouth, dragging me behind the equipment shed. As the panic attack began to set in, I turned around and my glossy eyes faced four of those who were the epitome of my nightmares. Liam Payne and Nick Grimshaw.

I blacked out after a few punches...but unfortunately came in and out of consciousness, witnessing the torture...the pure pain of Liam and Nick taking their turns with me, using me just like that night all those years ago.

I don't know how long I lay used and battered behind that shed before another student found me. All I remember is hearing screams and cries, feeling Niall and Zayn by my side holding my hands.

I remember vaguely hearing the sirens from a distance. I remember the feeling of being held in someone's warm embrace...hearing whispers. "It's okay baby. I'm right here." Michael? Why was Michael here? I remember being placed on a stretcher and the bright lights from the ambulance ceiling piercing through my eyelids. But the last thing I remember? Two voices.
Two voices belonging to two wonderful people. "Only one person allowed in the ambulance! Who are you to him?" The paramedic asked. Two voices, one answer.

"I'm his boyfriend!" Louis and Michael answered the same time.

I found enough breath, enough strength to whisper who I wanted, no, who I needed with me.

"Michael." I chocked out.

Lastly, I remember a large
warm hand intertwining mine. A hand that felt right. Maybe now I could finally learn to let go of the person I once thought I needed to survive.