Chapter Sixteen

Michael took me to the local pizza joint on the outskirts of the town. I wasn't familiar with the area, and frankly it was a tad sketchy. Ok...really sketchy.

"Alright Curly, so I'd like to know why exactly you were sleeping under a tree in the middle of this beautiful Saturday." Michael asked cheerily, with a now prominent Australian accent. "It's a long story." I shook my head. "I've got time." Michael smiled, and in that moment, I felt a sense of genuine trust for the fiery Aussie.

It came so easily, talking to Michael. I told him everything within a matter of minutes, from my meeting Louis when I was thirteen, to Eleanor's pregnancy. I left out the parts with Nick and Liam's abuse, and my self harm, trying to spare him of all the literal gory details.

"Wow, seems like you've got quite the story there kiddo." Michael spoke. "Kiddo? Dude, I'm twenty. You can't be much older than that." I rolled my eyes at him. "I'm actually seventeen." Michael said taking a casual sip of his soda. "Seventeen?!" I exclaimed with wide eyes. "Yeah, what's it to you? I happen to think I'm very mature for my age." Michael smiled cockily. "Okay whatever you say....kiddo." I snapped back.

"Tell me about yourself Michael." I finally asked intrigued. "Ask away." He gestured leaning back in his seat. "Where are you from?" I began. "Sydney." He answered. "What brings you to England?" I then asked. "Stuff." He whispered, and I could sense the uncomfortable atmosphere now surrounding us. "Okay....um, where do you go to school?" I continued. "I'm actually not in school right now." He answered. "Well Michael, you're very mysterious I'll give you that." I smiled.

"Listen, all you need to know is my name is Michael Gordon Clifford, I'm seventeen years old, I'm not a serial killer, and I find you Curls, very attractive." He leaned forward whispering the last part causing a prominent blush upon my cheeks.

"Wha..a-t?" I tried pushing out with a stutter. "I know you're going through a lot of shit right now, but if you'd let me, I'd really like to take you out on a date sometime Harry." Michael smiled genuinely. "You don't need to decide now, but-" Michael pulled out a pen and wrote his number on a napkin. "If you ever want to take me up on my offer, call me. See you around, Curls." Then without another word, Michael left me in the pizzeria mysteriously, just as he had entered my life.