Chapter Eleven

Louis POV

I really don't know how to explain all of this. I was fine. Even after all the Liam shit that went down, I was perfectly content in my simple life. I was football captain, had a hot girlfriend, I was even doing pretty well in school, and then that all went to hell the second Harry Edward Styles walked back into my life.

The minute I walked into the dorm and once again looked into those piercing emerald eyes, all I could think was "Wow." Wow he was actually standing there, wow he was my roommate, wow he looked incredible, wow Harry Styles, the fucking love of my life.

I don't know why I did it; pretending. I went through so damn much to try and push my past away, that I couldn't just let him walk back into my life, into my heart. God, I still remember the day I realized I was in love with him...

Flashback

Harry and I had been playing football at the school's field at midnight. I was 16, Harry was 14. Harry was never into football, but he promised me he would try and learn a little so we had more in common.

Harry stood shivering on the field in my purple hoodie, which at the time, was rather large on him. For some reason all I could think about was how I could impress him. I brought the ball to the middle of the field and took a deep breath. With all my might, I tried kicking the ball into the goal. It definitely landed in the goal...just as I landed on my ass.

I fell backwards and groaned waiting to hear Harry laughing from the sidelines, but the laugh never came. Before I knew it I opened my eyes to see Harry laying on the ground next to me, piercing me with his green eyes and angelic smile.

"Hi." He barely whispered.

"Oops?" I nervously giggled, my face turning tomato red.

"We have got to stop meeting like this, Lou." Harry chuckled glancing up at the stars. The silence took over as we laid encompassed in our thoughts.

"Hey Lou?" Harry questioned.

"Yeah Haz?" I smiled.

"What does this one mean?" Harry pointed to the compass tattoo on my forearm.

"I guess it just reminds me that no matter where I go, or what I do, I can always find my way back home if I need to." I shrugged.

Silence filled the air again.

"Lou?" Harry once again questioned. "I really want a tattoo." He blushed.

"Well Haz, you can get one next year, with your Mum's permission of course. What would you get?" I turned to him curiously.

Harry took a nervous breath before quickly exhaling "Well, I know it's stupid, and you're gonna think I'm a fool, but I just think it'd be really cool if I could get 'Hi', and maybe you could get 'Oops'...I know, dumb. I just really want a tattoo that means something, and you mean something, and I know it's dumb and all-"

"Harry. Breathe." I chuckled in awe. "You really want to get a matching tattoo with me?" I beamed.

"Yeah. I do. Is that lame?" Harry blushed nervously.

"No Haz. I'd love that." I whispered before looking back at the stars. "They're so beautiful, you know?" I added.

"Huh?" Harry questioned.

"The stars. I wish you could just go up there and grab one." I chuckled.

"Hey Lou?" I turned to once again look at Harry, "If I ever go to outerspace, I'll get you one." Harry smiled.

"Hazza. That's impossible." I smiled at his adorable ridiculousness.

"Nope. I promise one day that I'll bring you back a star. Okay?" Harry said with determination and a hopeful promise.

"Okay." I answered.

I couldn't believe him. This perfect creature laying on the cold ground beside me. Taking one last glance over at him, a sighed in defeat knowing I was falling madly in love with my best friend.

End Flashback

"Lunch sounds great!" I read over the note glancing back at Harry with a ridiculous smile. What am I getting myself into?