Chapter Four

Days past before I even saw Louis. He somehow managed to only show up to the room when I wasn't there, and spent his nights with Eleanor I presumed. Luckily I caught up with Liam that night. I told him he didn't have to worry about Louis; that we'd keep our distance. Before I knew it, it was Friday, which meant my second Statistics class. I showed up early this time, hoping to have my choice of seat. When class started there was no sign of Louis, thank God. I should've bit my tongue yet again, because five minutes into class Louis Tomlinson walked through the door, and what do you know, the only available desk was the one next to mine. Why. Does. This. Keep. Happening.

He sat down without saying a word. Right before the end of class, the worst possible words were muttered out of the Professor's lips, "For this weeks project you're going to need to work with a partner. Please turn to the person to your right and introduce yourself. This person will be your partner for the semester." "Shit." Louis and I whispered simultaneously trying to ignore the irony of the situation.

I've got this, I can be cool, I thought. "Hi, I'm Harry Styles, nice to meet you." I said sarcastically extending a hand to Louis. "Really?" He said staring at my hand before rolling his eyes and even laughing. He laughed. Wow, okay. We sat in silence for the rest of class. Just as I was exiting the classroom Louis placed a hand on my shoulder. "Can we talk?" He barely muttered. Just as I was reluctantly about to agree, Liam came up from behind taking my hand. "Hey you." He smiled ignoring Louis' presence. Don't get me wrong, I was happy to see Liam, but before I could blink Louis was halfway down the hall.

I spent the rest of that afternoon with Liam. He invited me back to his room, but I declined; I thought things were moving way too fast. I headed back to my room hoping to grab a nap, but I walked in to find Louis sitting on his bed scrolling through his phone. "Hey." I remark. Louis raised his eyebrows in acknowledgment. "So about before-" I start. "Don't worry about it." Louis murmured, eyes never leaving his phone. "How long is this going to go on for?" I beg, taking a seat on my bed. Louis let's out an exhausted sigh, throwing his phone to the side of his bed.

We both sat there staring across the room at each other, waiting for someone to make the first move. "I don't know what you want me to say." Louis shrugs. "Well, for starters, why the fuck are you pretending you don't know who I am? You and I both know very well you know me." I courageously explain. Louis sits in silence still not muttering a word. "Louis!" I shout. "What! What Harry? God this is exhausting. I was just trying to have a fresh start! Why couldn't you just leave things be?" He begged. "Because, that's not how life works Louis, I'm sorry. Yeah, maybe if we barely knew eachother I would've went along with it, but Louis, you were my best friend for three fucking years, and you just left." I sighed, falling back into my bed and placing my hands over my tired eyes.

"You think that was easy? That was the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life. You think I wanted to leave you? Especially with everything you were going through?" Louis coldly stated. "Then why did you? You broke me Louis, you were supposed to be the one fixing me and you broke me." I sat up staring him in his deep blue eyes. Before I knew it Louis was walking over taking a seat inches away from me on my bed. We both stared straight across the room at the far wall.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Louis whispered. "What? That I was gay?" I gulped, and Louis nodded in agreement. "I was scared you would leave, but you did that anyway so-" I claimed shrugging my shoulders. "I'm sorry Harry, I had no other choice, but just so you know, that would never have been the reason for my leaving." Louis said resting his hand on my forearm. I flinched at his touch, but he refused to remove his gentle grip.

"Harry. You need to stay away from Liam." Louis begged in complete seriousness. "What?" I said in shock as the conversation took a different turn. "You need to trust me on this. Please, Haz." I looked over to find Louis eyes in complete focus to mine. "You lost my trust a long time ago." I said pushing Louis hand from my arm and standing from my bed. "Are you going to explain the whole Liam situation or-" I began. "I can't. Not yet, anyway." He shied. The awkward silence was broken when a loud Irish man unexpectedly burst into the room. Niall. This just keeps getting better.