Chapter Nine

We arrived back at the dorm a few minutes later, only to find Eleanor sitting on Louis's bed, and Liam sitting on mine, both awkwardly awaiting our return. "We were worried sick!" Eleanor yelled throwing her arms around Louis, Liam following her notion by grasping me with all his strength. Louis and I just stared at each other whilst in the grips of our boyfriend and girlfriend's arms.

"What happened? Are you okay? I thought he might've hurt you too!" Liam panicked. "No Liam. He wouldn't." I added reassuring a frustrated Louis. "Baby! How could you do something so stupid! You could've gone to prison!" Eleanor cried placing kisses to Louis cheeks. "It was worth it." Louis added turning to me with a slight grin.

"Do you guys want to grab some breakfast or something? I mean, that is if we can all agree to be adults and get along." I asked; really I was just hungry and ready to get out of this God awful awkward situation. "Maybe we can check up on Niall too? See if he wants to join?" Louis added. "Umm yeah! You wanna walk with me to go get him?" I asked curiously. Louis nodded in agreement. "Meet you two in the lobby in ten?" Louis directed to Liam and Eleanor who reluctantly agreed.

"Sorry about that, I just felt like if Niall came, it would be less awkward or whatever. I don't know." Louis mumbled nervously rubbing the back of his neck. Why did he have to do that? He looked so adorable when he was nervous. WHY.

"No you're probably right. He's probably still hungover though." I chuckled. "Um Haz?" Louis began. "Yeah?" I asked. "Did Niall, like, ummm, did he...ummm.." He stuttered. There he went again. I wish he would stop acting so damn helpless and adorable. "Did he know I liked you? Yeah. He knows everything." I finished.

We arrived at Niall's door, and knocked only to be greeted with a clearly hungover Irishman. "You two? Willingly together? Did someone die or something?" Niall said rubbing his eyes awake. Louis and I just looked at each other and couldn't help but burst out in laughter because Niall clearly hadn't heard about last night. "Did I miss something?" He frustratingly added. "I'll tell you about it later." I smiled.

"Listen we're going out for breakfast with Eleanor and Liam, you wanna join? Looks like you could use a cup of coffee." Louis asked. "Breakfast? With you, Harry, Eleanor and Liam? HA! Abso-fucking-lutely!" Niall started laughing hysterically. He quickly threw on a pair of jeans, and white tee shirt and met us at the door. "This is going to be the most entertaining breakfast in the history of awkward breakfasts." Niall laughed running ahead of us towards the lobby.

"Niall! You forgot to shut your damn door." Louis yelled before we both reached for the doorknob. Our hands collided awkwardly, but what was worse was we didn't move them. We stood there, both of our hands on that doorknob for a good minute. "Sorry." I whispered, scared. "No. I'm sorry Haz." Louis replied before shutting the door and removing our hands.

Although we both confessed everything, and the truth was finally out in the open, there was still so much that was left unsaid.

Breakfast was well, interesting. Liam was being completely possessive of course; Eleanor too. It just made Louis and I both extremely uncomfortable. We sat around a window side table at the local Starbucks(Eleanor's choice), each with a hot cup of coffee in hand.

"Babe, are we going to talk about this? Why did you attack Nick of all people? He's one of your best friends!" Eleanor asked, thinking it was on all of our minds. "Was. He was one of my best friends. I'm never talking to that disgusting excuse of a man again." Louis replied sternly, looking up at me with weary eyes from across the table. "Lou-Tommo, Nick has his moments, trust me I know, but you can't just go around beating people up everytime you don't get your way." Liam added. "Nick Grimshaw is a fucking asshole, I'm sure Louis had a perfectly good reason to beat the shit out of him." Niall added nodding at Louis for reassurance.

"Wait- what do you mean beat people up every time? Baby, how many people are you getting into fights with?" Eleanor exclaimed in worry before entangling her fingers within Louis' hand. That bothered the shit out of me. "Oh, your boyfriend here didn't tell you? He got kicked off the footy team for decking another student!" Liam added a little too happily. "Wait, who?" I asked, the first words I said since arriving at breakfast. "Me." Liam spoke. "What?!" Eleanor exclaimed. "It's all good. Louis knows it won't happen again. Right Tommo?" Liam smirked before grasping my thigh in a possessive manor. I was missing something; I decided I'd ask Louis about it later though.

"Hey, it's all good. We all have to get punched by Tommo here at some point right?" Niall laughed trying to lighten the mood. "What did you punch him too?" Eleanor sarcastically added. "Yupp!" Louis perked, before he, Niall and I burst out in laughter reminiscing on a faded high school memory.

"Am I missing something?" Liam asked confused at our laughter. "Good times." Niall finally added wiping the tears from his face. "I thought your mom was going to kill us Haz." Louis laughed before an abrupt pause. We hadn't told Eleanor and Liam about our past yet; that we knew each other. Oh.

"What-your mom-Haz?" Liam annoyingly questioned Louis. "Oh, um-yeah-I..." Louis began to stutter. I looked at Niall for help but he rolled his eyes at me and drank his coffee awkwardly. Thanks. I then looked at a defeated Louis, knowing I had to be the one to explain our past in very little detail to my boyfriend who also happens to be my roommate/ex love of my life/best friend's ex lover. Joy.

"Yeah, babe, Louis, Niall and I went to high school together." I said to Liam hoping the 'babe' would soften the blow. "What?" Liam and Eleanor exclaimed simultaneously. "Why didn't you tell me? Wait you said you hated Harr-oops." Eleanor quieted. "Well, um. So we used to be best friends, and we kind of fell apart I guess, but we're good now, no big deal." Louis answered before sipping his coffee hoping to get out of this awful situation.

Yeah Eleanor, actually your boyfriend here really punched Nick because he raped me when I was sixteen. Also Louis and I used to be madly in love, and I used to cut myself because of it. We even have matching tattoos of the first words we said to each other. Oh yeah, and I'm assuming that Louis punched Liam here because they used to be fuck buddies until that all went to hell. If only I had said that, instead I went with "Yeah, everything's good now." Lies. All lies.