Chapter Twenty Four

Harry POV

Finally getting out of that cold hospital was the best feeling. Gemma took the time off of work to check up on me, make sure I wouldn't do anything stupid. In reality, I just wanted to go back to my dorm and sleep in my small but warm bed.

"Alright we're here." Gemma spoke, pulling up to the dorm building once again. Michael opened the car door and helped me into my temporary wheelchair. "Ow!" I winced, feeling pain...everywhere. "You okay love?" Michael whispered, rubbing my back. "Yeah, I'll be fine." I offered him a reassuring smile.

"Ok, please Harry call me if you need anything. I mean it." Gemma spoke sternly. "I will, Gem." I confirmed. "Michael, have him take it easy okay?" She whispered giving him a thankful hug. "I promise. He won't leave that dorm for a month if I have anything to say about it!" Michael winked at me. Dear lord.

With one last hug Gemma left, and Michael began wheeling me back to my room...well, I thought. Michael turned me around and headed into town.

"Uh, Mikey? My room is that way." I gestured. "Yeah I know. You've been cooped up in a hospital room for a week babe, I thought you could use some fresh air." He smiled warmly. "So where are we going exactly?" I asked. "I'm taking you on a date Curls." He smiled.

Minutes later I was in for the surprise of my life. Michael and I arrived at the park where we first met; it was completely empty. The tree I was once sleeping under, now drenched in white lights. A blanket placed underneath, with large pillows scattered across. Sitting in the center? A pepperoni pizza, of course. "You did this?" I looked up at him, trying to tame my nearly watering eyes. "I'd do anything for you Harry." He whispered genuinely.

Michael grabbed my hands, and helped me comfortably lay in the mess of pillows. We both laid comfortable side by side looking up at the night sky though the branches of the large tree. It was peacefully silent, not long before Michael carefully intertwined our fingers, turning to look at me.

"Harry, can you...tell me what happened? If it's too much I understand, it's just...I mean...I don't know. I guess half of it is that I really just want to know everything about you, and the other half of me wants a reason to brutally murder the people who did this to you." He solemnly smiled, squeezing my shaking hand.

"It's fine Michael. I'll tell you everything. Just promise you won't hate me?" I turned towards him. "Curls. I could never." He whispered running his thumb across my flushed cheek.

"Ok. Here goes nothing. After I realized I was gay and in love with Louis, I started to self harm. I know it's terrible, but I couldn't help but feel so disgusting and unwanted. To me it was just like further destroying an already broken shell....helping it deteriorate even quicker. Louis eventually found out and tried helping me, and it even worked for a while. One night I was at a party after our homecoming dance, and I got a little drunk. I walked upstairs to find the bathroom, but instead I walked in on Louis. He was having sex with my sister. I ran so fast out of that room Mikey, and my vision was completely gone with darkness and tears. I stumbled into another room, only I wasn't alone. The football star Nick Grimshaw was completely wasted on drugs and alcohol, and he only wanted one thing. I can't really get into detail about it, but he raped me that night Michael. He took everything from me." I stuttered slowly. The tears started to fall as I continued, unable to look into Michael's eyes.

"A few days later, I found out Louis had switched schools. My best friend and the guy I was in love with left me alone when I needed him most. I went back into self harming. Eventually Niall found out, and it got so bad I was sent to a psychiatrist. I spent most of my high school years getting help, actually. I was released only a few months ago. I was diagnosed with anxiety and bipolar disorder, along with a severe case of depression. After all that you can imagine how it was seeing Louis again...well, you know that whole part of the story. When I got here I started seeing this guy Liam, and I thought he was great at first, but he turned out to be pretty abusive when I wouldn't let him fuck me. I also found out Nick of all people was here too. So that's what happened last week. I guess Liam and Nick wanted revenge for not submitting to them or something...so they took their turns raping me again. Now I'm here...with you." I finished finally looking up at him with glossy eyes.

His reaction was far from anything I could've anticipated or imagined in that moment. In one swift bold movement, Michael cupped my tear stained cheeks and kissed me so passionately I felt as if I were floating.

Michael pulled back, taking a moment to absorb the emotional intensity floating through the thin night air. "Harry. You are the most beautiful, brave man I have ever met in my life." He whispered sincerely, brushing my long curls behind my ear.

"Even after all that?" I stuttered nervously. "Especially after all that Curls. You're so perfect and you don't even know it do you?" He spoke looking deeply in my eyes. I took that moment to lean in once again and tenderly kiss his perfect pink lips. I then enveloped him in a bone crushing hug, burying my face in his neck, my tears soaking his goosebumped skin.

"Will you be my boyfriend?" Michael whispered so softly in my ear I might've missed it. "Yes." I softly cried back, embracing the amazing man that lay with me under the stars that cold Autumn night.