Chapter 11 The Knapper

Phillip felt something wet repeatedly attaching itself to his face. He started, then saw it was just Primzo. Staring at him and lightly panting.
"What?" Phillip croaked, tiredly reaching out to pet the dog.

Primzo's ears dropped, licking his lips. He stopped panting. Phillip pet the dog for what seemed like an hour. He looked at his watch on his left hand. It was about 8:00 AM. Phillip put his hand back under his chest, then groaned and sighed simultaneously.

"Hey, Phil." A croak came from behind the couch. It was Jett.

"Good morning, Jett." Phillip replied. He heard her footsteps walk away. They were heading toward the workshop.

Phillip thought to himself, 'I should make breakfast. Those kids shouldn't have cereal all the time.' He dragged his feet off the couch. Phillip pushed himself up, and made his way to the kitchen.

---------- ----------

All of the kids made their way into the dining area after smelling the bacon and eggs. All accept for one.

"Where's Heidi?" Marie asked.
"I'm gonna go look for her." Jett blurted, all but jumping up from her chair.

"Me too." April said, following suit.
Soon after, everyone was searching for Heidi.

'Oh no,' Phillip thought, 'This was about the letter, wasn't it?'

"Heidi!!"
"Heidi, where'd you go?!"
"Heidi, this isn't funny!"
"Quit playing games, Heidi!"
"C'mon now, Heidi! We're worried about you!"

Everyone called for her, and nearly turned the place upside down while doing it. The courtyard, the workshop, the bedrooms and bathrooms, every room was ransacked.

"Where do you think she could've gone?" Jackson asked. Jett sprinted over to the group of seven.
"I have no idea. It's like she ran away or got kidnapped or something." Toby replied, wiping the layer of sweat from his forehead.

"The letter." Joseph stated. The seven kids looked at him, but Phillip just sighed.

"It had to be the letter. The people that sent it had to have broken in here somehow, and taken her." Phillip agreed, then suddenly stormed off.

"Where're you going?" Jett asked, following him.

They were all led to his office. Phillip picked up a neatly folded piece of paper. He opened it, searching for a return address. He did the same to the other side, but there was nothing of the sort.

"Damn it." Phillip muttered. All of a sudden, they heard barking. Primzo.

"Primzo!" Jett started, she ran out of the office to see what was wrong. The others tailed her.

Primzo was jumping at the door, clawing at it. He put his front paws up on the steel, and slid down. Phillip pushed past Jett, and went to go see what Primzo was barking at. There was another letter laying at his feet.

---------- ----------

Oooohh, what do you think's gonna happen? Will Heidi come back? Will we even find her? Comment on what you think! If you have any questions, leave that also!
I hope you guys like it so far! I appreciate every read, vote, question and/or comment you leave.
If there's anything wrong with the spelling, plot, grammar or punctuation, please tell me. I love writing and I don't want to do it wrong.
Thanks for reading!