Chapter 36 How to Train Your Hybroid

---------- ----------
**LISTEN TO THE SONG WHILE THEY'RE FIGHTING, IT'S BADASS**
---------- ----------

The next day, the kids awoke to knocking at their door. Without a response, it opened. Moth stood with multiple trays of food on her arms.

"You children get your beauty sleep?" She asked, rather condescendingly. The kids just looked at her. Moth smiled, and walked over to the girls' bed. She handed them their trays, then Primzo's food, then gave the boys their food. They all thanked her tiredly.

"Gotta get your nutrition before getting to meet the Hybroid! Just come on down when you're done with breakfast." Moth said, then skipped out.

Jett looked at Marie, said, "I think something's wrong with her."

Marie nodded, then started eating.

The entire morning, the kids moved as slowly as they possibly could. They came up with the idea of escaping, but there weren't any windows in their room. And with the hustle and bustle going on around the house, the plan of sneaking out without being noticed was shot to hell.

They all changed into the clothes that were dropped onto the dresser while they were sleeping. The girls went into the small bathroom, while the boys stayed in the main room.

Reluctantly, the group of eight, plus the dog, exited the room. They walked down the stairs. They were greeted by multiple people, which annoyed the ever-living crap out of them. They weren't used to the constant greetings. Back at their home, all they said to each other was, "Morning," "Hm," "Get up," "Brush your damn teeth, you stink," "Food," and "Go away, I'm busy."

Not this, "Good morning!" "Good morning." "How did you sleep?" "Good morning!"

---------- ----------

After a good, long lecture about the Hybroid from Vyrus, they were led to an arena. Along the way, they were handed their weapons by awaiting cyborgs. Their hearts were pumping so fast it felt like they could run a car with the expelled energy.

This arena was outside, with fluffy grass poking up from the ground, and twenty feet of concrete wall. The walls formed a gigantic circle around them, with a diameter of at least 60 yards. Steel double doors stood at the opposite side.

'The Hybroid has to be in there.' April thought. A sudden banging and scratching at the doors confirmed her thoughts. A nudge on her hand distracted her. She looked down, and saw Primzo.

"Wait!" April turned and yelled. Vyrus was walking back toward the doors they just exited. Moth and another girl, who was dark-skinned and had a prosthetic jaw stood in the doorway. That had to be Denim.

Vyrus turned back to April, but continued walking.

"Primzo is not staying out here!" April said sternly. The other kids' eyes widened, looked at the dog in surprise. Primzo whimpered.

Vyrus entered the doorway, stood next to Denim, said, "You said all of you were fighting, right?"

"Well, but--!" April was going to protest, but the doors closed before she could say anything. The doors on the opposite end slowly slid opened.

Before they could completely open, the Hybroid inside busted out, roaring like its life depended on it. It certainly didn't look old or weak.

"Well," Jett began, "Now we're double-fucked."

The large animal's eyes locked on them immediately. They could see its pupils dilate and contract. Toby made the first move.

He slowly pulled an arrow from the holster strapped to his back. He loaded it into the bow, and aimed. Toby let go of the arrow, and only moments later, the animal shrieked.