Harder then she thought

The alarm screamed in my dorm. 8:00 am. I rolled over and covered my head. That's the latest I've slept in a while. I sat up against the headboard and pulled my computer into my lap I had a recent email in my inbox sent at 8:30. I clicked on it, it was my Russian teacher.

Freya Rushman,

I have seen your application for Columbia university, I would like to talk to you about the class you are deciding to major in. Come by my office at 10:00 am. Thank you for joining again. See you soon.

                          - professor Romanoff

I close my computer. Well I guess I have to get ready because I've only got 25 minutes. I get ready and head out then find the map in the grounds of Columbia University. I scan the map to find the languages building my hand shaking as my finger hovers over the board in front of me. The battle in my mind, trying to convince myself that I'll be fine. After all it's just a teacher. But what if she asks me about my past? I force myself to walk to the building, walking up to the door. I freeze for a moment then walk away. I go back to the dorm and flop on my bed, Ivy looks at me "so how was the meeting?" I look at her "I didn't go I was late" I lied but a little lie like that can save me a million questions. Ivy sits up "are you kidding me?". Now I'm confused. Why was Ivy so interested in my Russian teachers meeting? I look at her "why so interested" Ivy laughs "you've got to be joking. You don't know?" I shake my head "enlighten me." Listen I know I said I'm not much of a talker but this was interesting. What was so intriguing about this teacher? Ivy smiled "professor Romanoff is the toughest teacher in the school. She doesn't like anyone. The fact you even got invited to a meeting is big. You've done something Frey, something for her to like you" Ivy smiles. I look at my palm and trace the lines "I'm sure it was nothing." Ivy laughs again "sure" she goes back to her phone. Ok I'm not one to feel feelings or whatever this shit I'm feeling is but I felt it. I felt wanted. I haven't felt that since...since my last girlfriend. Who ended up leaving me anyway. I chuckle under my breath. Fuck love I'm all good I don't need it. I watch a movie on my computer to distract myself from the conversation earlier, It's not working. Shocker. My mind wanders off again. Could I be loved? Could someone really stay? I clench my fists. Ok this is stupid. For one it's my professor and no one could love me. Why do I keep thinking of this? I really should just go to bed. I fall asleep and wake up Monday morning for my classes. I go to my classes. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, then Thursday.

Time set: Thursday night

I lay in bed staring at the ceiling. Tomorrow is my Russian class. Now I regret walking away from the meeting. From what Ivy said she's like she will not be happy with me tomorrow. I'm not a know it all but hopefully I can lesson the blow because I know some Russian. I spent almost a year in a home in which they spoke Russian. They spoke about me a lot thinking I didn't understand. I understood it all. Let's not say what they said. That will die with me. But nevertheless I know Russian. Hopefully it will help. But don't think I'm gonna get all close with her. I've said it before and I'll say it again I don't like relationships. I turn off the lights and lay in bed. "Goodnight" Ivy calls from across the room, "goodnight" I answer back. I lay there dreading the morning. Tomorrow is gonna be hell.

Well she can't seem to brush away these feelings. Next chapter she'll be going into professor Romanoffs class.
It's about to get interesting
As always thank you for reading