Risks

Natasha's POV

Freya turned to me and started to walk away with her hand held back, I grabbed it and she pulled away a bit. I knew better. I just watched her in a fight. She could break away if she really wanted, that was as if I wasn't fighting her. I pulled her to me and she put her ear close to mine still making grunting noises as if I was holding her. Just then I heard a voice, I turned to see if someone was around but no one was. Where was that coming from?. Freya pulled at me again. I listened. She was on coms! Someone was speaking to her, giving her instructions. Freya broke from my grasp "let go" I looked at her "get back over here right now!" I scolded. She looked at me and held up something that looked like an epiPen. She stabbed it into her leg and began to fall back, I ran and caught her then took the tube out of her hand reading it Diazepam. They use it to treat really bad anxiety attacks. I looked down at her and took her in my car. She did this so the person on the other end couldn't talk to her. I rushed to my apartment and opened up my computer then began the hack for the ear piece. I got into it's feed and found the location of where it was coming from. Once I informed SHEILD I turned off the tracker. I put a copy of the recorded feed on a flash drive then secured it in a case for SHEILD as evidence. I had no one else to call and I knew Fury would help me. I turned my attention to Freya's limp body laying on my couch. I checked her pulse then called Fury "yes Agent Romanoff?"

"Please bring a reversal for Diazepam. Her pulse is getting to low"

"Ok. We're 5 minutes out from the Quinn-jet landing"

"Thank you sir." I hung up and looked at her small body laying there. She was so tiny. I knew I had 5 minutes to stitch her arm, again. I might as well do that while she can't feel the pain. I wish I could've done the nasal spray but if she didn't swallow after it rolled down her nose she could choke on it. Just as I finished the last stitch Fury walked in. I stood up and stood waiting for him. He came in the room and saw Freya laying on the couch. He walked over and was going to give her the reversal when I stopped him "let me do it when you leave. She's extremely skittish" Fury looked at me and grabbed the case I had put the earpiece in prior "somethings changed in you since you left Romanoff. It seems like your enjoying retirement" I nodded "yes sir I am" Fury walked out with a smile. I looked at Freya "I'm sorry about this hun" I injected the reversal into her thigh and she woke up looking at me startled "shhhh it's ok your ok" she went for her ear "it's gone now hun" she looked at me "what did you do?"

I explained to her what happened and she looked at me "your a former SHEILD agent?" I smiled "yes I am" I couldn't read her then she spoke up "your supposed to be a bad person, your not supposed to be nice! Why are you so fucking nice?!" She raised her voice but quickly stopped from the pain she must've been feeling. I spoke to her in a calming voice "who told you this?" She looked down and clamped her jaw. I could tell she needed time to think "ok you don't have to tell me right now" I sat on the couch and turned on the tv. She sat there curled up in a ball at the other end of the couch. I sighed. What was she told about us?

Freya's POV:

She's a fucking SHEILD agent! Are you kidding me?!. She was supposed to be bad. Yuri always said that I needed to avoid them at all costs. Wait a minute what did I just say in my head?. Yuri....Yuri lied! He knew SHEILD would help me so he taught me after my parents died that they would kill me. I looked over at Natasha. She calmly watched the TV. I went to stand but my body wouldn't support itself. Natasha looked at me "what's wrong? You need something?" I watched her demeanor. Her whole body looked calm but worried. I couldn't find the courage to speak. I tried but nothing came out. My body ached and my nose hurt. My stomach was screaming for food. I grabbed the throw pillow on the couch and held it close to my chest. I wish she could read my mind. I wanted to be held so bad by her. To hear her heartbeat. I wanted to love her but I was afraid. I wanted my Conscience to stop telling me that this wasn't real. It was a war inside my head. I just needed it to stop. I've lived my life taking risks to protect myself. Why couldn't I take this risk by trusting her?

Next part is coming soon. This book is gonna be a roller coaster of ups and downs. It's how the character is going to find herself. I hope you enjoyed this. Then again if it was too boring for you I'm sorry. I'm getting to the good stuff again. Just building the characters

As always. Thank you and I love you all. See you in the next one!