To hand over the key to my heart

Natasha's POV

She stood in my doorway, her hair was a mess and her eyes looked broken. She looked defeated. I put my pen down on my desk and looked at her "come on and take a seat" she shuffled to the desk and sat down. She didn't say anything. I didn't think she could. I looked at her, she was holding her head up with her hand trying to stay awake. I looked at her and spoke in the sweetest tone I could "it's ok you can sleep" she looked my way but she wasn't looking at me it was like she was looking straight through me. I decided to give her time but when I looked up 10 minutes later exhaustion had taken over her. She was asleep. I took off my jacket, got up and put it under her head, she grabbed the jacket in her sleep and smiled. My heart broke. That was the first time I'd ever seen her smile and she's terrified of people getting close. She feel to the side almost sliding out of her chair, I quickly put a desk next to hers and directed her head to my shoulder. Her head fit in the corner of my neck like a puzzle piece. She was adorable. I continued grading papers while she slept. 15 minutes later she began to shake I looked at her, she was no longer peaceful she looked scared. A nightmare maybe? I rubbed her back and she calmed down. Well I'm glad that worked. Just as I finished the last paper she stirred.

Freya's POV

I woke up with my head on her shoulder. She smelled like sweet rose water. I sat up and she looked at me "hi sleepy head. You ok?" I shake my head and she goes to rub my back again but I flinch. She reassures me "hey I'm not gonna hurt you" I look at her. I wanted to believe that but it was hard, plus my bruises were on my back from the match still. I take my extra credit out of my pocket and give it to her, she smiles "you did it?" I shake my head and start to get up she grabs my hand "you ok? You were shaking in your sleep. Did you have a nightmare?" I panicked. Crap. I forgot I have night terrors. Ivy is a heavy sleeper she never hears me wake up from them. But wait it's never just a nightmare...how did it not turn into a night terror? I realized she was waiting for an answer, I looked down. I couldn't look at her, and if I told her I would burden her. I don't want her to worry about me. She calls my name "Frey? Did you?" I hand her jacket back to her "I really appreciate this. No ones been like this with me in a long time" before she could say anything else I left her classroom. I started walking back to my dorm and had to say to myself what I just said to her. Did I really admit this helped me? Am I letting her in? I mean I haven't let anyone touch me like that in a while let alone sleep on them. Maybe she really does mean well. I get to my room and go to the shower. I needed time to think. This couldn't be real. I'm not lovable.

Natasha's POV

I got up to catch up to her but by the time I opened the door she already rounded the corner. I shut down my classroom and headed home. When I finally changed I sat on the couch, dumbfounded. Did the most closed off girl I've known just sleep on my shoulder. I remember the incident again. She was adorable, I could feel her breathing hit my collar bone every time she exhaled. She held my jacket tight to her chest as if she was a child holding there nighttime comfort object. She smelled like peppermint. It must've been the essential oil she uses during class to help with her headaches or migraines. She was perfect. It broke me to see her like this. Life had to have been unkind to her. I wish she would see that I was here to help. That I wanted to love her. I hope this wasn't a onetime thing. I want her to feel safe with me. I want to hold her in my arms and take care of her. I want to show her that not everyone is bad.

Soooooo she's getting there. Natasha made a move and it paid off. I thought it would be cute to put a scene like this in. And you'll learn more about Freya as we go along and the issues she had from the past. She's a deep character. I can't wait until the next chapter.

As always I love you and thank you❤️