Math & Spam Messages

Y/N POV
I wake up to my watch buzzing, letting me know it's time to start work. It should be a light week so that's good. I have a distraction living in my bed right now so good thing I won't have to teach anything to mind consuming. I get up quietly and head to the bathroom. After I brush my teeth, I tiptoe to my room trying to not wake up Lizzie, but I'm surprised by what I see. She's sitting up in my bed, hair up in a messy bun, with one of my poetry books in her hand. I tilt my head at her cuteness with a small smile on my face. She notices I am observing her and smiles, "Good morning," she softly starts, "Sleep well?" I nod.

"You?" I move to find some lounge pants and a nice shirt.

"I slept great, this bed is comfy." I smile and nod in agreement. "But, I feel bad that I'm stealing your bed." I give her a playful glare.

"You are the guest, you get the bed." She rolls her eyes in response. I head to the bathroom and get dressed then pour out some juice to sip on. I open the fridge and smile at the organized healthy food, a reminder of our day yesterday. I walk back into my room and set the juice down. I sit on my desk chair but turn to face Lizzie. "You can hang around here as long as you stay quiet while I teach." I tease her. She looks like she's not moving any time soon.

"Will I be in the frame?" She questions, not looking up from her book.

"Nope, I use virtual backgrounds anyway." She nods in understanding and that ends the conversation.

It comes time to start teaching and I find it weird to teach while she's in the room trying to read. But, it doesn't seem to bother her. The kids were taking a state test today so I didn't have to do much talking. I try to let students know how awesome they are before they start as a sort of pep talk since they hate tests and let them know to private chat me if they need anything, then I mute myself.

"You really like teaching don't you?" Her voice startles me. For a moment I forgot she was here.

I stay facing my computer and slightly cover my mouth since the kids can still see me. "I do, now shhh they can still see me." She laughs softly and doesn't say anything else. I play soft music, the same playlist as yesterday since she seemed to like it. I start working on lesson plans for next week to keep myself busy while the kids complete their tests. At the end of the period, I guide them through submission then let them go. My co-teacher stays back though.

"Yo! Did you see your crush is in New York?!" I blush, oh shit.

"Uhhhh, whatever do you mean?" I reply coyly.

"THE Elizabeth Olsen is in New York, she was spotted in Central Park over the weekend." My eyes widen.

"Hah, Hah, that's crazy." I squeak out. Lizzie giggles behind me. I flip her off outside of my camera.

"I thought you would have known since she is your celebrity crush. You're slacking Y/LN." She laughs. My face is on fire, time to end this call.

"Oh well Uh, guess I was just busy," I state.

"Wait, don't you go to Central Park every Friday? Wouldn't it be crazy if you walked by her?!" I hum in response. "Why aren't you freaking out. Are you good?"

"Mhm, I'm great just uh, tired you know, long weekend side effects." Wow great excuse Y/N. I hear Lizzie shifting behind me. What is she doing? I feel her come up next to me and look up at her with wide eyes. What the heck is she doing. She bends down and comes into the frame.

"Wait a minute. What the hell." My co-teacher notices the other person in the frame.

"Hi!" Lizzie smiles at the look of pure confusion on my friend's face. I facepalm and curse Lizzie in my mind.

"What the hell is going on?" My co-teacher and friend responds.

I look back at my screen, "Well would you look at the time, time to go byeeeee" I end the meeting and glare at Lizzie who has a smug look on her face. "What the hell was that?!" I ask exasperated.

"What? Are you embarrassed of me Y/N, that's incredibly rude." She smirks as my phone starts vibrating as messages come in from my coworker. "You gonna respond to those?"

"Do you want me to? I mean have you actually lost your mind? What's stopping her from sharing this information?" I'm stressed out for her. I thought she wanted to escape from the world for a hot second, not show herself to my coworkers and confuse the hell out of them.

She goes to say something then pauses. "You know what I didn't really think that through."

"You think?!" I snatch my phone up and let out a sigh at the numerous texts in all caps asking about what's going on and why Lizzie is in my apartment. I send an I'll explain later and to keep it to herself text and that stopped the spam.

"I'm sorry, I thought it would be funny. And it was. Plus I trust you so I feel like I can trust your friend. She did know about your crush so you must be close. I just wanted to see you squirm" She explains.

"Of course you did. I'm not mad, Angel, I just worry about you and people figuring out where you are." She smiles in response and sets her hand on her heart.

"Aw, you care about me," she says in a slightly mocking tone. This girl I swear to god.

"Of course I do," I respond seriously. Her face molds to her surprise at the genuine tone. Our eye contact remains intense for a couple of beats.

"Thank you, I'm going to go shopping now so I don't have to steal your clothes." She lets me know. I nod.

"Have fun, take my key so you can get back in." She hums in response letting me know she understands and gets ready for her day. She plucks one of my many baseball caps from my stack and puts it on, slips on her sunglasses then calls out a sweet bye teach! On her way out. I let out a breath I was holding. What the actual fuck is my life.
______________________________________________________________________________________
A/N Playful Lizzie strikes again. I thought this would be a funny scenario, hopefully, you find it amusing. :)

(Edited 5/19)