Poetry & Picnics

Y/N POV
I finish up my meeting a little while later, while Lizzie continues her mission to read every one of my poetry books. She's currently reading Home body, by Rupi Kaur. I've noticed she will softly murmur some words to herself and it's the cutest thing I've ever witnessed. As I'm finishing up some work I play the playlist I've been playing for her since the grocery store visit. I notice her foot sway side to side in response. I notice way too much about her.

Oh so Protective One starts playing as I finish up my last task. I push away from my desk and turn to face her. She peeks up from the book in her hand, smiles then continues to read. I get up and use the bathroom then flop down onto my bed.

"Tired?" She questions. I grunt in response. "This song sounds like it should be in dirty dancing." She comments. I hum and sit up. I start walking towards her with my hands outstretched towards her. She quirks an eyebrow then sighs when she realizes what I'm doing. "More dancing?" she whines. I take the book out of her hand and she grumbles but allows me to pull her up. I pull her close to me, our usual position with my arm around her lower back and her hand gripped onto my shoulder feels natural at this point as we start swaying to the music.

"It could also be a song in grease," I comment. "The baseline reminds me of those magic changes" I share. I love comparing music. She hums in response and rests her forearm on my shoulder snaking her fingers into the baby hairs on the back of my neck. A shiver runs down my spine but I ignore it. We simply sway back and forth to the music, no silliness of me twirling her around. The song eventually ends and I'm the one to pull away. "Would you like to join me for a walk, Miss Olsen?" I ask softly, looking into her beautiful eyes. She nods softly and we both get our shoes on and grab our necessities. I hand her one AirPod and we head out listening to music and walking in silence. It gives my mind time to wander about tomorrow and how meeting her sisters will go. We naturally make it back to my apartment and instinctually guide each other through the doors that lead us to my apartment. She returns to her book on the couch and I take a shower.

After a lovely dinner made by my guest, we both settle into my bed to watch a couple of episodes of The Office. I end up falling asleep, beat from the long week. I wake up disoriented and confused and feel the same weight as yesterday morning on my chest. Oh, we cuddled again. I shut off my alarm and look down at the sleeping woman nestled into my side. I smile softly, she's absolutely beautiful. Her sharp cheekbones and soft eyelashes are the only features I can see, but it's like her soul emits this beautiful aura at all times. I'm incredibly infatuated with this woman.

"Staring is rude you know" she states softly, her voice crackling in a sleepy tone. I blush softly, busted.

"I can't help but stare at beautiful people," I state simply. Her hand moves to rub her eyes before they connect with mine. I smile softly and whisper out a small hi.

"We fell asleep." She realizes and I nod in response."Do you have to get up?" She questions softly, wrapping her arm back around my stomach. She snuggles closer to me awaiting my answer.

"Hm, I do, but I'm comfy here." She hums in response, her eyes closing again. I move my hand up to rest on her jaw, softly rubbing her cheek.

"Time to get up Angel" I whisper to her, She grumbles out a no and it makes me smile. She's usually ready to go in the morning before I even wake up. I run my fingers through her hair pushing it back off her face, then rest my hand back on her side.

"Hey, that felt nice." She pouts softly, eyes still closed but bottom lip jutted out. I sigh in response. I would do anything for her, but I really have to get up.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, I have to get up." She sighs in response and rolls off of me snuggling into the pillow on the other side of her instead. What a bed hog. I get ready for work and log into the morning meeting I have. The rest of the day is boring. Meetings make up my Fridays, hence why I go to the park every week. Lizzie gets up at some point and makes food that I devour easily, then she's back to reading. I wonder if she gets bored while I have to work. Sometimes she goes on walks or does work on her phone. She now has her computer that she picked up from her sisters, but she's neglected opening it today. I shut my computer aggressively and mock one of my more annoying coworkers. I hear a soft giggle and turn to see Lizzie laughing at my antics. "You ready for our park date?" I question.