Stonghenge & Dinner

Y/N POV
I wake up to my alarm early the next morning. I noticed there was a jewelry store next door and want to get Lizzie her promise ring before she gets up so I can give it to her at dinner. After our soulmate talk yesterday I feel like it's a good move. I slide out of bed trying my absolute best to not wake her up and sneak out of the apartment with the key once I'm dressed.

I get there as the store opens and the shopkeeper gives me a warm smile. I walk over to the rings and search for an amethyst ring. It's her birthstone and since she got mine for my ring I think it's a good idea to get her birthstone too. "Do you have any amethyst rings?" I ask shyly.

"I believe we do! Are we talking engagement ring or something else?" She asks kindly.

"Promise ring. My partner gave me this one with my birthstone in it, so I want to get hers as well. Something simple, but elegant too." I describe and she nods in agreement. She pulls out a few and I ask the prices, not wanting to spend too much or too little. I want to spoil her, but I unfortunately don't make millions of dollars a year. I look at my ring and briefly wonder how much she paid for it. My stomach fills with nerves.

Your ring:

"Your ring is beautiful by the way," she comments, "I think this one will look great as its pair

"Your ring is beautiful by the way," she comments, "I think this one will look great as its pair." She suggests. She tells me that my ring is white gold, which can't be cheap. Jesus Christ.

The ring:

I hum, its beautiful

I hum, its beautiful. Simple but still elegant. I check the time, Lizzie will be up soon, I have to pick something. I pick the one she suggested, both because its in my price range and I need to get back. She sets it up in a velvet box and rings it up for me. I tuck it in my jacket pocket and thank her before sneaking back to the flat. The nerves that fill my body are slightly alarming. It's not like she's going to not accept it, she thinks we are soulmates for god sakes.

Thankfully, Lizzie is still sleeping so I slip back into bed after putting my pjs back on. She shifts to cuddle up to me and I smile, falling back to sleep. When I wake up, Lizzie is on the phone with the car rental place since we are headed to Stonehenge today. I walk up behind her and give her a hug from behind, my arms snaking around her tummy. She leans back into me continuing her conversation, so I get ready for the day. I make sure the ring box is still in my jacket pocket and  the reservations for later are made as well before joining her in the living room. She ends the conversation and everything is set. I kiss her good morning then we start our day.