Magical Fingers & Realizations

Y/N POV
I wake up before Lizzie on Sunday morning and decide I'm going to make breakfast for us. I only know how to make waffles so I guess that will have to do. I'm humming along to Hozier's Like Real People Do while waiting on the waffles to be done when a soft "Baby?" comes from my bedroom. I walk over to the doorway and smile at Lizzie's adorable confused face.

"Hey babe," I reply and her eyes find me in the doorway once she realizes her search for my body with her arm around my bed isn't going to succeed. She pouts.

"Come back to bed, I want to cuddle." She slightly whines. I sit on the edge of the bed and lean down to kiss her forehead and peck her lips before standing back up. Her arms flail to try to catch me before I get up and she huffs in frustration.

"I'm making breakfast in bed for you, it's almost done, I'll be right back." She lets out a quiet fine and grumbles rolling over to snuggle into my sheets.

I plate up some waffles continuing to hum the same song that's stuck in my head. I bring her plate to her and pat her thigh prompting her to sit up. She hums out a thank you and starts eating, a soft moan escapes her lips and I smirk.

"These are good, what did you put in them?" She asks.

"It's a secret." I grin and she rolls her eyes.

"What's that song you were humming?" She inquires, tilting her head in curiosity.

I swallow my bite of waffle before answering, "Like Real People Do, by Hozier." I reply.

"Play it for me?" She requests and I find my phone. She shakes her head softly taking it from me. I look at her in confusion. "No, you play it. On your guitar." She clarifies.

"Oh, I don't know. It's not one I'm good at playing." I reply, stuffing my face with waffles. She lets me swallow before replying.

"Please baby? It doesn't have to be perfect. I want to hear your version. You get so passionate when you play and I love it." I swallow at the word love and sigh in defeat. She asked so nicely so I set my plate down and pick up my guitar tuning it. (Play video)

I start plucking the strings trying my best and focus on my fingers so I don't mess up. I know the melody and words by heart at this point, loving the song with my whole heart so the singing comes naturally. It's a little messy but I scrunch my eyebrows in concentration, closing my eyes here and there at lyrics I love. I'm in my own little world when I play, so focused on the song which is good because if I looked at Lizzie I'd probably screw up. I smile at the lyric Honey just put your sweet lips on my lips We should just kiss like real people do also loving the melody escaping my mouth. As the song comes to an end I slowly peek up at Lizzie, momentarily afraid of her reaction.

"Wow," Lizzie breathes out, "It's such a simple sweet song, what is it about?" She questions tilting her head and taking her last bite of waffle,

"It's about a northern Irish bog and I think he said something about somebody digging up somebody up from the earth and falling in love with them," I explain what I remember from my research. She hums in response still studying me. I smirk

"I knew that look dear, eyes always seeking" I sing softly, pointing out her always curious eyes. She smiles and blushes.

"I love that song, and I love your version." She compliments. I blush and whisper out a thank you as I put the guitar away. "Now I know why your fingers are so skilled." She teases and I choke on the milk I was drinking once I sat back down. She giggles at my reaction as I try to compose myself.