Presents & Promises

Y/N POV
The food was delicious and I thank Lizzie with a sweet kiss for the dinner before they bring their presents out. Oh god, I can feel my awkwardness.

"Here sweetie!" My mom hands over the gift. I take out the card and smile, my mom always gives joke cards and it had a funny-looking goat on it. I take out the tissue paper and pull out a book of some sort. I look at the cover and smile. My mom and I both love Disney and apparently, she supports my adventures with Lizzie since she got me an Adventure book from the movie Up.

"Thank you, mom. This is amazing. I can't wait to print out the pictures from the adventures we've already had." I show Lizzie and she gives my mom a big smile. I notice there's more and pull out a record. I smile at the Hozier record and show Lizzie the song I played her on the tracklist. My mother knows me too well.

"Do you already have that one?" She asks.

"I don't mom, thank you."

"She played me a song off that album the other day. It was beautiful." Lizzie gushes and I blush. I pack away my gifts in the bag and smile at Lizzie's excited face as she hands over her bag. I take out the card but she steals it from my hands. "This is last." She explains. I continue and take out a Polaroid OneStep Camera.

"Did you two coordinate?" I tease before kissing Lizzie on the cheek.

"There's more!" She bounces slightly in her seat in excitement. I take out a sunglass case and I give her a look. "For your growing collection. There's a new pair in there for ya." She smirks but urges me to look in the bag again. I take out another box and notice is a portable charger. Okay, what the fuck. I give her a questioning look but she just shrugs and nods to the bag. I take out a book and read the title: Essential England. A travel guidebook? I look up at Lizzie confused and she hands me the envelope. I open it up and pull out two tickets. Wait, flight to England? I look at the date. July 5th? What the hell? I look at all the stuff in disbelief. She's taking me on a trip?

"Babe?" She questions with worried eyes, not sure how to take my reaction.

"We are going on a trip?" I clarify.

"Yeah, I thought, why not go on an adventure outside of New York now that Travel to England is okay. Is that okay?" Her worried eyes make me snap out of my disbelief.

"Oh my god, this is amazing. I love it!" I pull her into a hug and she giggles into my ear.

"Okay thank god, I thought you hated it for a second." She sighs in relief.

"That is going to be so fun girls!" My mom comments, looking at the tickets and all the little travel essentials. We settle back into our seats and I organize Lizzie's gifts and put them back in the bag. "Y/N has never been to England so the trip will be great for her." My mom explains.

"Yeah, I don't even have a passport. So we have to get that done ASAP." I explain.

"I love London, so I'll be your tour guide. You've taken me on adventures here, now I get to take you on adventures there." She explains with an excited smile. She kisses my cheek and looks over my shoulder. I hear a group of people start to sing and a deep blush covers my face. My mother starts videotaping me and I cover my face with my hands. Did they have to make the staff sing? I suffer through the song and blow out the candle. I share the cake with Lizzie and she takes care of the check. I grab my bags once I'm done with my cake and we make our way out of the restaurant to wait for our car. Lizzie holds my hand and wraps her other hand around my bicep while we wait and I wrap my other arm around my mom's shoulders. This was a perfect birthday dinner.

Once we get back to my apartment my mother sneaks in one I unlock the door and shuts the door in my face. Uh, what the fuck? Lizzie tugs on my hand and I follow her up to the roof.