𝟎𝟑𝟒

"𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚛"
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ
𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘱 𝘢𝘤𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘺

"I HEARD..." Liv says as she throws an arm around Noah's shoulder, "That you went to a party with Parker."

They are making their way down the school hallway on the way to their last class.  Their classrooms are next to each other, so they always meet up before class.

"Oh, no, whatever you're about to say—"

"Just hear me out!" Liv exclaims, "There's a party this weekend and we're all going."

"You got Jess to go to a party?" Noah says with a smirk, already knowing the answer.

"Well, no, I figured you'd be the one to convince her?" Liv says in the form of a question.

"There's no way—" Noah chuckles.

"Hey, you never know!  She seems to be taking a liking to you, so maybe she'll come if you do." Liv exclaims and tries her best to get through to Noah.

"Listen, I'm down, but don't count on me being able to convince her." Noah agrees.

"It's this Friday night after the football game," Liv says happily.

"So, I have to go to one of the games now?" Noah asks with a smile.

"You got a thing against football?"

"No, but Parker has been begging me to go to a game and I've refused to give in."

"Now you get to see the 'Reef' side of Parker," Liv says with a look of disgust.

"I think I got a big idea of that when we went to the party." Noah giggles.

"How was that by the way?" Liv asks.

"The party?"

"No, you and Parker hanging out alone."

"Oh, it was fine.  I mean, we've done it before.  We just talk about normal stuff." Noah says with a shrug as they get to their classrooms.

"Interesting," Liv smiles and heads into her classroom,  leaving Noah confused.

The teen just shrugs it off and walks into her last class; math.

"C'mon, Jess, it'll be fun!" Noah pleads.

Jess has refused the invitation to the party ever since they have been walking.  She adores Noah, but not enough to give in to the party.

"I don't have fun at parties." Jess simply explains.

"You've never been to a party with me," Noah adds with a smirk.

"Noah, I'm serious.  Every time I've given in, they all leave me behind and end up having fun while I sit in the corner and wait for one of them to drive me home."

"Would I ever leave you behind?" Noah asks.

"No, but—"

"No buts!  I would never do that to you, you know that." Noah says and looks Jess in the eye, "Just trust me.  I will try my best to get you to have a good time.  And if you don't," Noah continues, "Then I'll let you plan a whole day of anything you wanna do.  I'll come along and I can't complain about a single thing."

"And you'll play chess with me every day after school for the next week?" Jess suggests.

"Can we start that part of the deal on Monday?"