Part 10: 'I only did it because I love you!'

ADELINE P.O.V

I knew as soon as I heard that woman's voice Niklaus had done something awful. When I told him that woman had slapped me I thought he would fire her or something like that I never thought he would do something that would have her screaming for help.

I went to leave the room, but Elijah stepped infront of me.

"Elijah! Move!" I looked up into his face and saw he was worried. Why would he be worried?

"I can't do that Adeline, I need you to stay here and I'll see what's wrong."

"No, you listen to me Elijah whatever the hell is happening that poor women it's my fault and I can't live with that so move." I saw Elijah fighting with himself and then it was like a table-flipping he slides to the side and I sprinted out the door.

It was then when the scream sounded again that afterwards, I could hear Niklaus shouting something so I just followed his voice. It led me to stairs that went down to a dark basement there was only light in the very centre so I couldn't see walls or whatever there was when I reached my hand out to touch the wall I could feel something wet when I pulled my hand back into the light I realised it was blood. I nearly let out a scream but clamped my hand over my mouth to stop myself.

I saw light coming from a door at the very end of the room so I walked towards it. I could hear Nik laughing viciously the closer I got.

I walked inside and saw Nik standing over a woman who looked like someone had tried to pick her eyes out of her head, one of her arms looked like it had been boiled and the other arm was bent at a weird angle.

"Nik." I barely whispered, but they both snapped their heads to me and Nik looked shocked and slightly angry but the woman was relieved.

"I'm sorry miss Adeline so sorry I didn't mean it. Please tell him to stop and I'll leave. I promise. No stop agghhhhhhgggg." Nik had kicked her in her broken arm.

"Did I say you could speak to her! No, I didn't so shut up!" His face was so angry I had never seen him like this ever. He had done all this to this poor woman because of what I cried. Is this my fault?

"Nik please just stop just let her go home." He started laughing evilly.

"My love, I'm doing this because she deserves it and I'm not going to stop until she is dead. I think the punishment fits the crime don't you." He started to walk closer to me.

"Anyways darling don't feel guilty, trust me she deserves she's watched me do this to many others."
He was right in front of me at this point I wanted to walk away from him and help the woman on the floor but I was glued to the spot.

"There have been many others?" His smirk never dropped it was as if he was enjoying this. He reached his hand up to touch my cheek but I took a step back. His face turned even angrier.

"Your scared. You promised me you would never be scared!" He was livid at this point, I locked eyes with the woman behind him for a split second and she began attempting to crawl away.

"I promised you that if you never gave me a reason I'd say torturing people is enough if a reason!"

"You're going to throw away a whole month of bliss, and last night all away for a woman who made you cry."

"She is still a person!"

"Niklaus, I believe you may have let the situation out of hand." It was Elijah standing in the way doorway I noticed the woman was gone.

"Elijah where is Margi!" Nik must have noticed too. So that was her name, Margi.

"I have sorted that, Niklaus."

"Did you kill her?" Elijah looked at me and all I could see was sympathy.

"We will discuss that later."

"Did you kill her Elijah!" It was Niklaus this time.

"No, she's with Lucy being cleaned up right now." I ran over to him and hugged him he hugged me back immediately.

"Thank you, Elijah." I turned to look at Niklaus again and he was livid.

"You disgust me, Elijah."

"Good to know Niklaus now how about you both go upstairs and get cleaned up and we could maybe talk about this later.

I left immediately not wanting to be in Niklaus' company anymore I went straight to Lucy's room though wanting to see if she was ok.

I knocked on the door outside and Lucy opened it once she took in my tear-stained face she threw her arms around me and pulled me in the door. I saw Margi sitting in a chair while Lucy attempted to tend to her wounds.

"If you use aloe Vera on her burnt arm it should help and to protect the vision in her eyes bilberries." Lucy nodded her head and ran out to get what I said. I went to leave but Margi grabbed my hand.

"Listen, girl, you need to get out of her as fast as you can, you and your sister they have something planned he'll kill her I'm telling you now and you he'll only hurt, he does love you but sometimes love gets you hurt so you have to run if you don't believe me look in the library ok now go girl run go!"

I looked at her and the door and decided I needed time to think so I just nodded my head at her.

Her words of warning played over and over again in my head.

'He'll kill her.'

'He does love you.'

'You and your sister.'

'Look in the library.'

I walked into my room just wanting to go to sleep, but Niklaus sat in the bed.

"Get out." I had no desire to start a conversation with him.

"Please love let's just talk."

"I don't want to talk to you now get out."

"I only did it because I love you."

"And all the other people that were in that room before Margi they were what."

"They all deserved what they got they were thieves and just awful people."

"I don't care! They are still people, I can't sleep in a bed next to you knowing that you are doing that."

"Then I'll stop!"

"What?"

"You heard me I'll stop. I love you so much that I will stop this if it hurts you. You're my world Adeline and without you what's the point so yes I will stop if you forgive me."

I didn't want to say yes even if he never did it again he still had blood on his hands, but if I agreed I could be saving countless lives.

"Ok."

"Ok?"

"I forgive you." He walked over and kissed my head.

"Why don't you get changed and we can go to bed ok? It's been a long day."

I had formed a plan in my head I would act like everything's fine in front of Nik and then I would search that library from top to bottom for whatever he was hiding from me.