Part 35: 'Bonnie can we talk?'

ADELINE P.O.V
*IN HER ROOM*
S1e19 'Mis Mystic Falls.'

"I am so not going to some puffy pageant, Elena." Elena had called me this morning after I didn't show up at school.

"Oh come on it'll be fun, you come put on a nice dress and make small talk." She whined at me.

"I already did that at the founders' party, and I don't want to deal with that creepy mayor or John Gilbert," I whined back.

"But I need support with Bonnie not talking to me and everything." I had no desire to go to this thing.

"Elena I haven't even been downstairs in like two days minus to pick up all the takeout food I've been ordering."

"Please, please. I'm already here and Jenna is doing my hair which is a problem in itself."

"Fine I'll be there in ten minutes but I swear if that creepy mayor so much as looks at me wrong I will be out the door." Elena squealed down the phone at me.

"Thank you, thank you." She hung up the phone. I quickly had a shower and made myself presentable throwing out yet again another dress.

 I quickly had a shower and made myself presentable throwing out yet again another dress

Finally arriving I walked in to see all the fancy people standing outside. Everyone was clapping so I just joined in.

I stood beside Damon, still clapping.

"What is going on?" I asked through my teeth.

"Long story short Stefan has a blood problem I told Elena I have no clue where the hell he is and John Gilbert wants some device of Pearl." I continued to smile and clap.

"Miss Elena Gilbert escorted by Stefan Salvatore." The mayor called out. There was no Stefan.

"Go." I pushed Damon to go and get Elena.

I walked outside and stood with Alaric and Jenna.

"What is she doing with Damon?" Jenna asked.

"Stefan is MIA," I told Jenna to which she rolled her eyes.

I watched Damon and Elena dance and noticed how they looked at each other. Not good, I think he loves her and I think she has feelings for him too. 

We walked over to the crowning ceremony and Mayor Lockwood spoke again.

"Before I crown the winner I'd  just like to thank these ladies and their efforts to better our community." I clapped along with everyone. "So without further ado, I'd like to congratulate miss mystic falls, Caroline Forbes." I clapped again, god there was a lot of clapping at these things.

Elena and Caroline hugged and then Caroline got crowned.

Mayor Lockwood went to come over to talk to me but I ran the other way. I saw Elena and Damon talking so I walked over to them.

Damon grabbed my arm and dragged me out.

"Where are we going?"

"To look for Stefan," Damon answered determined.

Once we got outside I could hear the screaming we ran to where Stefan stood feeding off some poor girl who was screaming for her life.

Elena called out to Stefan. He dropped the girl on the floor and Damon called out to him to tell him to get control.

"Stefan calm down ok don't listen to the heartbeat and don't try to smell the blood listen to me just calm down focus on my voice come on." I tried to calm him down.

Stefan slowly started to walk towards us but before he could get close enough Damon walked forward and grabbed him. Stefan freaked out and threw Damon at a tree, scaring Elena.

"Stefan stop it!" Elena cried out.

"Get behind me." I pushed Elena behind me.

Stefan went to go for Damon again but before he got to him he dropped to the ground screaming. I turned around a saw a young girl around Elena's age standing there. She must be a witch. She reminded me of someone.

Elena whipped round to face her. The girl continued her spell on Stefan making him scream louder. But after a minute she stopped. Stefan looked so confused and began to back away from us all he then ran into the woods.

The next thing I know we're all standing talking to the police.

"Did you girls see anything?" The sheriff asked us.

Elena looked at the witch and then responded no.

"Is she going to be ok?" The witch asked.

"Looks like it. Why don't you girls head back to the party? Damon and I will take it from here." She told us.

"Ok," Elena responded and we all headed back up. "Bonnie, can we talk about this?" Elena asked when we were far enough away. Bonnie Bennet. My favourite kind of witch.

"There's nothing to talk about." She was obviously upset.

"You're a Bennet," I stated.

"Yes." She responded confused.

"Your grams might have mentioned me, Adeline Pierce." I stuck my hand out for her to shake but she didn't take it.

"Your Adeline?" She looked a mix of surprised and confused.

"The one and only." I smiled at her.

"Am I missing something?" Elena asked confused.

"My grams used to tell me about how you and most past Bennet witches were like each other's protectors. You are the only vampire she ever liked." Bonnie told me smiling slightly.

"Bonnie, can we talk?" Elena asked again.

"I told you I wasn't going to make you choose. But I need to make the choice for myself. Please just leave me alone." Elena looked so sad as she walked away, I wrapped an arm around her and we continued walking.

We walked back up to the house and stood out the front.

"Oh good, Jenna wanted to pull the car around," Alaric told us but once he saw Elena's Facebook stopped. "What happened?"

"A lot." That is all I told him before Elena said everything.

He finally got back home but Elena came to the boarding house with me I let her shower and get changed in my room before she headed up to Stefan's.

I could hear them fighting up there but I didn't want to intervene unless Elena was in danger. I knew she had the vervain dart and I wanted to give it a chance to work.

Once it was done I helped Damon drag him into the cellar in the basement. After we all sat down there just sitting in the dark not talking.