Part 64: 'Someone like me?'

"There's no point in going to the high school." I tried to reason with Klaus as he dragged me through the hall.

"You see swan, I think you are lying to me and let me be very clear if I find out you are, you are in monumental trouble." He had me by the hand dragging me through the halls.

"I don't know what you think you're gonna find." I was sending mental signals to Elena in my head.

"I think I'm going to find a doppelgänger." We turned the corner and there Elena stood. This is really bad.

"There's my girl," Klaus shouted to get her attention.

"Klaus!" Elena screamed before turning the other way to attempt to run. Klaus sped infront of her still holding me.

"You are supposed to be dead. What are we going to do about that?" He smirked. Grabbing her roughly and dragging her with us.

"You put a rather large kink in my plans, sweetheart. The whole point of breaking the curse and becoming a hybrid was to make more hybrids. I haven't been able to do that. Now my bet is, it has something to do with the fact that you're still breathing." He was marching us around the school.

"If you're going to kill me, just do it!" Elena fought back.

"Not until I know I'm right. But I do have ways of making you suffer." He threw her into the gym and pulled me in.

"Attention, seniors. You have officially been busted. Prank night is over. Head on home." He spoke with an American accent.

"That was actually painful to hear," I told him. He glared at me.

"You had better behave." He noticed Dana and Chad together and walked closer to them. "You two. I remember you."

"I'm sorry. Who are you?" Dana asked confused. "Hey, Ade! Are you back for senior year?"

"Oh, don't worry, I wasn't in my right head last time we met." He started to compel her. "Lift your foot up, please, Dana." She did it and he turned to the boy. "If she drops her foot, Chad, I want you to beat her to death. Understood?" Chad nodded.

"Don't, Klaus. You don't have to hurt anybody." Elena looked petrified.

"Oh, come on. Of course, I do." He smirked back.

"Your such an asshole." I seethed at him. He spun round to face me.

"You had better start to behave swan. Because you are in enough trouble as is." He spoke through his teeth in pure anger.

"Or what you'll choke me again?" I was so done being scared of him.

"I will admit I shouldn't have done that love but don't think just because I won't lay my hands on you doesn't mean I can't punish you last I checked there is a multitude of people in this very school that you care deeply about that I'm sure you wouldn't want to be harmed. So sit down and behave." I held his stare before turning to Elena who jumped into my arms.

"You're okay. You're okay. I was so worried ." She pulled away but I pulled her back into the hug.

"How touching." Klaus sneered. Dana started to sway on her foot. "Keep it up."

"Where's Stefan? What did you do to him?" I was impressed that in such a terrifying situation her love for Stefan worried her most.

"Stefan's on a time-out." Klaus smirked.

"When's yours?" I tilted my head to the side mockingly and he glared. The doors opened and Bonnie and Matt came in.

"Bonnie, get out of here!" Elena cried. Klaus sped to Bonnie before I could do anything.