Part 23: 'Sorry, my mistake here.'

ADELINE P.O.V

I sat in my room getting ready for the day, hoping both bad would happen. The last few nights I would take Emily's tonics to try and sleep otherwise they would be filled with nightmares.

Katherine had been unbearable lately. Constantly checking up on me, asking if I was ok, getting Emily to do all these extra spells. She was so tense and it was driving me insane. I didn't know the last time she ate or slept or when she would just smile or laugh. She was so focused on thin air.

I finished getting ready and sat on the window seat

I finished getting ready and sat on the window seat. I didn't know how to help Katherine she wasn't open to me or my help. If I ever tried to help her in any way she would block it out. I heard a knock on the door and opened it. Speak of the devil.

"Join me for a walk, Adeline." Katherine requested.

"Of course my dear sister." We continued walking until I noticed Pearl and Anna stand a few feet away. So that's why she wanted me to join her.

"Pearl, Anna." I acknowledged.

"Pearl, how is that little shop of yours going," Katherine asked.

"Amazing. There was something I wanted to show you." She pulled out a little bottle. "The founders brought it this morning." She passed it to Katherine. She opened it and smelt it and then but a little bit on her wrist. The spot it hit began to sizzle and burn.

"Vervain." Katherine hissed out. "Why the hell would they be stalking this."

"It's quite obvious Sherlock they figured out who we are." I sassed.

"Well, what I was going to ask is what am I to do about this." Pearl looked worried which was unusual as she was always the calm and collected type. I still remember the day we met her.

"They think he found us." I and Kat had compelled different people to spy on Klaus and report back to us if he was anywhere near or acting suspiciously.

"Ok, so we leave," Kat replied calmly.

"We can't just get up and go."

"Why not."

"There are things to think about like-"

"It doesn't matter, I'll turn someone else and they can sort it out. Come on."

She left and walked outside and I followed shortly after.

We surveyed the area infront of us searching for someone to use as an informant.

"What about her?" Kat asked nodding her head towards a young girl. She was unusually pale with black hair.

"Isn't she quite young?"

"We need someone young. Less suspicious."

"Fine." We walked closer to her.

"Hello, I'm Adeline this is my sister Katherine I was wondering if you could help us." U stuck my hand out for her to shake and she gladly accepted.

"Anna." She replied shortly.

"Our friend someone attacked her and she's bleeding around the corner could you help her," Katherine asked fake worry laced in her voice.

"Sure, where is she." Katherine latched into her arm and dragged her into the empty alleyway.

I lunged at her throwing her into the wall, biting into my wrist and thrusting it into her mouth. She tried to push me off but I kept her at the wall. Then I heard a rush of air behind me and turned to let the girl slip to the ground.

Some women stood with Katherine against a wall a stake in her hand and her face had veins under the eyes. Vampire. She looked similar to the girl at my feet. Slim face, pale skin, black hair.

"Who are you," I demanded.

"I could ask you the same thing." She spat at me. I laughed.

"Let go of my sister."

"Let go of my daughter." That's why they looked similar.

"Now why would I do that." I laughed out.

"Because if you don't I'll kill your sister."

"No, you won't."

"How would you know."

"Because if you kill her I kill your daughter and you."

"Why are you trying to kill her any way she's like us." Oh for god's sake Katherine you grabbed one of us.

"Sorry, my mistake here." I grabbed the girl by the arm of the floor and threw her at her mother. As soon as she let go of Kat I had her with the stake in her stomach and her on the wall. Anna tried to attack Katherine but she had her on the ground within a second.

Weird way to start a friendship I know. Well if you could call it a friendship.

"So what are we going to do," Pearl asked again.

"Let me handle it, as for you all I need you to do is go and flirt with John Gilbert. Ok?" Kat was giving her that look that warmed her not to say no.

Pearl and Anna stormed off not looking too happy.

"What do we do?" I asked.

"As I said leave it to me." She said monotone and walked away.

I turned in her direction and she was already gone. I threw my arms in the air completely frustrated.

KATHERINE P.O.V

"Emily where are you."

"In here miss Katherine." I walked into her room to see her tinkering around with some compass.

"Is that it?" She nodded. "So you are aware that they know."

"John Gilbert was here less than an hour ago."

"How much do they know."

"They think there's around 25 give it take."

"Names. Has George said anything?"

"Nothing yet."

"I'll ask him about it at the founders' ball."

"Is Adeline aware yet?

"She isn't and she shall remain that way." Emily suddenly screamed and fell to the ground.

"Emily what's wrong." I immediately rushed over.

"I told you I'd know when he was trying to break the spell."