Part 45: 'What's going on?'

ADELINE P.O.V
*ELENA'S ROOM*
S2e07 'Masquerade'

"I'm sorry Elena," I told her lying on her bed.

"It's not your fault." She told me smiling slightly.

"I haven't talked to Katherine in what feels like months," I told her honestly.

"How do you feel about her because you're different from the rest of us. She's hurt you but she's still your sister." Elena told me grabbing my hand.

"I'm mad but I still love her. No matter what I still love her, I ran away from her a hundred years ago but I didn't run because I didn't love her, I ran because of what she was doing, what she was becoming but she protected me from something that I can't even talk about. So what Katherine's doing, it's all to protect her and me. I've tried to hate her and it doesn't work. So as long as she is safe and alive and none of you dies, I think I'll be ok. I just need this whole thing over and I never have to think  about him again." I told her putting my head into my hands even thinking about it.

"You know you can talk to me about him," Elena told me running my back.

"I had a dream last night. Well more like a nightmare." I told Elena nervously.

"What about?" She noticed my nervousness and corrected herself. "You don't have to tell me, don't worry."

"No, I do. I used to get nightmares all the time but Emily used to make me herbal mixtures that made them stop. After my fake death, I didn't have to take them to not have nightmares. There was wood, fire and the moonstone, but it was like I could feel him there. It was weird." I told her, I didn't even feel scared at this point just confused.

I had talked so much about how I had felt the last few months and I felt like the more I talked about it the less it bothered me. I felt lighter.

"Ok enough. No more sadness and whiney talk from me. How's Jenna." Elena looked at me sceptically.

"She's home as you can see but she's confused." I felt awful that Jenna was dragged into all this, she was just a normal person living her life.

"She's going to be ok Elena."

"I hope so."

*MEANWHILE WITH THE SALVATORE'S.*

"Here." Damon offered Caroline a glass of blood.

"I'm still shaking." Stefan walked in hurriedly.

"What happened?" He asked confused. Caroline sighed before gulping down more and more blood.

"Go on you'll love this," Damon smirked at his brother.

"I saw Katherine today." Caroline rushed out.

"Where?" Stefan responded immediately.

"At the grill. I just stopped to gawk and quasi stalk Matt." Caroline began to explain.

"Skip the teen drama and get to it," Damon told her rolling his eyes.

"And then I had to pretend to use the bathroom even though I didn't really have to go cause I'm a dufus." Caroline went on to explain her encounter with Katherine,

"What was the message?" Stefan asked. Caroline continued.

"She wants to do it in public, killing Mason threw her off guard," Stefan noted.

"She's running scared what she did to Jenna was desperate. She's out of tricks." Damon scoffed.

"We can't underestimate her, we have to play this smarter than her," Stefan warned his brother.