Part 54: 'What do you know?'

ADELINE P.O.V
*HOME*
S2e17'Know Thy Enemy.'

"I'm fine Damon, I swear." I was lying in Damon's bed with about 5 blood bags lying around.

"You coughed up a lung. You're staying in bed." He scolded.

"It was not a lung." I rolled my eyes at him. Kat walked in. "Please tell him he is being way overdramatic," I begged at her.

"Sorry sis, but I agree with him on this one." She handed me more blood.

"Isobel just showed up at their front doorstep," Stefan announced walking into the room.

"What's she doing here?" Damon scrunched up his nose.

"I don't know. That's what I'm gonna go find out." Stefan said determinedly.

"I don't think that you should tell her that I'm here," Katherine told them both.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"It's better if she and John not know that I stayed in town after I got out of the tomb." She told us.

"You're the one in cahoots with them. You made a deal with John that almost got me killed." Damon reminded her.

"I did what I had to get out of the tomb. Now I'm reconsidering my alliance." She turned to leave put Stefan stopped her.

"What do you know?"

"I know that I want Klaus dead, which puts me squarely on team you. Besides, if you two ever need me to swap places with Elena again, the fewer people know that I'm here, the better. Think about it, Stefan. Come on. Be smart."

"Tell you what. Why don't you, uh...Call Alaric and let him know that his wife just showed up on his girlfriend's doorstep."

"I'm leaving," I told them getting out of bed. Damon went to push me back in but I pushed him away. "Don't try to stop me." Katherine held her hands up in defence.

I walked in to see Elena, Isobel, Stefan and John all in the kitchen.

"Weird that two of the people I hate most in the world made my favourite person," I commented to them all.

"How are you? Are you okay? Shouldn't you be in bed?" Elena ran over putting her hand on my bed.

"You all seem to forget that I'm a vampire, a very old one at that." I laughed at her.

"Can we continue?" John snarked. I glared at him but nodded.

"Since I was last here, I've been doing everything possible to find Klaus. We knew our best chance was to find him before he could find you." Isobel continued.

"Best chance at what?" Stefan asked.

"Keeping Elena alive," John answered.

"You don't get to talk, okay, not after everything you've done." Elena spat at him.

"Yeah, John shut the hell up," I added.