Part 28: 'I am done.'

ADELINE P.O.V

My entire body felt heavy. Like a body thrown in a lake with boulders tied to all limbs. I kept trying to open my eyes, if I could see where I was I would feel more in control. There was a mist in my head that kept getting thicker and thicker, pulling me deeper into the water.

I felt an arm wrap around my waist and under my legs, all I could do was lean into the warmth. It felt like we were walking for hours, I felt them release me and try to get me to stand straight put as soon as my legs hit the ground I fell. I could hear a slight murmur in my ear like a buzz of a bee.

"Hey hey, Ade. It's kat. Listen drink this ok." I could feel Kat press someone's wrist into my mouth and finally, the warmth of blood flowed down my throat and went straight to my veins surging through like a lightning bolt.

The weight lifted off my limbs and the mist in my brain slowly turned to clear air. I was able to open my eyes but everything was still blurry I could just about make out Katherine standing beside George Lockwood. Katherine bent down to my level and tried to help me stand up but once again my legs buckled and George had to grab my waist to keep me upright.

"What the hell did they dose you with," George asked.

"What the hell happened." It hurt my throat to speak.

There was something off about the night. There was still this buzzing in the background. I tried to focus on the noise and then these screams started attacking my ears, many people all screaming. And then the smell crept it's way up my noise the air smelt of smoke and flames.

"Katherine, what the hell is going on?" Energy burst through me and I pushed George away no longer wanting him or his carotid near me.

"We're free Ade." Katherine smiled and then turned her attention to George. She reached her hand into her pocket and pulled out the moonstone. I immediately lunged for it. Katherine threw it to George and he pocketed it.

"Thank you ladies carriage will be here in 10 minutes. Good luck." And with that, he walked away. I turned to Katherine, livid.

"Why the hell did you just do that."

"It needed to be done."

"Why?"

"Listen, the only way we get to live is if Klaus thinks we are dead."

"I don't understand. Why would Klaus think we were dead?"

"When we came to mystic falls you thought it was because of Stefan but I had a plan all along. If I could make it seem like me and you had died running, and more importantly, surviving be a hell of a lot easier. So the church just burned to the ground and we were in it along with 25 other vampires." I couldn't believe what she just said.

"You didn't. Pearl and Anna. All of them, you killed them." I never really care much about them but the fact that 25 people had died just so we could have an easier life.

"Well there not actually dead, you see there is a tomb under the church there in there."

"That's worse Katherine, you are forcing them to sit a tomb to desecrate forever." My head was spinning. "What about Stefan and Damon." I watched her face lose a bit of her smugness.

"Well." She raised her hand and pointed to my left.

My head wiped to the side and I saw two silhouettes lying in the grass. I was there in less than a second. There was Damon and Stefan, dead. I choked out a sob.

"Don't worry sis there not dead." Katherine had her hand on my shoulder. Then it clicked in my head.

"You turned them, you bitch." I stood up and glared at her.