Part 36: 'You're oddly quiet.'

ADELINE P.O.V
*Salvatore boarding house*
S1e20 'Blood Brothers.'

"Are we sure that locking him in the cellar is the best option?" I asked Elena and Damon as we sat in the living room.

"Positive," Damon responded all though he didn't seem it.

"He needs to dry out," Elena told herself more than me.

"Trust me we were just down there it's the right thing," Damon told me.

"Whatever you say."

I wasn't sure about the whole thing, keeping Stefan locked up in a literal cell with nothing.

"Can I go and see him?" I asked.

"I'm not sure," Damon told me. "He's not saying much just lying there staring into oblivion." Damon got up and walked over to the weird little invention that Pearl gave him.

"Any idea what that is?" Elena asked while getting ready to leave.

"Nope."

"Pearl say what it does."

"She thought it was the vampire compass when she stole it so not a clue, Jonathan Gilbert was a crazy inventor speaking of have you spoken to your uncle lately." Elena rolled her eyes at him.

"I've been avoiding him actually and I've been here most nights." I watched the two interact suspiciously.

"So you'll be here again tonight." Damon watched her when she wasn't looking but it was the way he looked at her that was worrying me.

"Is that a problem?" She asked defensively.

"Yes, you're a complete nuisance," Damon answered sarcastically.

"See you later." Elena laughed and left. Damon looked at me and rolled his eyes.

"You're oddly quiet." He commented.

"I'm just observing." Damon came and sat beside me.

"Ready for truth-telling time yet." He had been trying to get the truth out of me about why I left and about John Gilbert but I had been avoiding it like the plague.

"Nope," I answered and walked back upstairs to my hideaway.

After about an hour of lying on my bed doing absolutely nothing, Damon interrupted my lazing.

"Want to come to grove hill we think we found Isobel," Damon asked.

"Not really." I sighed.

"Wasn't asking, you live in my house for free so get up we're leaving now." I followed him to the car whining the whole way.

We had to stop to get Alaric and then we finally got to grove hill.

"This is the one, records show it was paid for three months in advance." Alaric shared that fabulous piece of information.

"Now this is where it gets tricky, may or may not be able to get in," Damon warned while knocking on the door.