Chapter 7. I stg. (his pov)

God this woman is making me go mad! Not in a good way but she is just so... strange and confident and secretive and just it's irritating.

I sat down near some people I talk to. No one here is what I consider a friend because no one here should have their young years wasted on the bad things in the world. Yes I am aware of my involvement but I was raised this way. These people would loose their minds if it was suddenly sprung on them.

I just sat back and everyone's attention diverted to the one and only Oakley. She got in line for lunch but seemed to be annoyed with the wait. She strutted over to the of course 'popular girl' (or at least Liza McKenny fit that usual stereotype) and grabbed the salad she was eating that she prolly had brought from home and just sat on the table in front of her and the whole cafeteria and started eating it. God it's so funny.

"Hey psycho! Just because you're new doesn't make you interesting or the best. You're a rat why are you eating my salad!" Liza squealed out of anger.

"My god you look and sound a lot better when you don't talk. I'm getting a migraine listening to your voice." Oakley said annoyed yet with the same whispered tone everyone seems to hear.

God I regret hooking up with her. I thought as Liza looked at me wanting me to do something.

"Ughhhh Jax come do something please you're strong!" She yelped.

Uhm no she'd snap me in half like a twig.

"Yea Jaxie come over here! You should try this salad I don't know what the dressing is but it's so good. It tastes expensive." Oakley said laughing while stuffing her mouth.

I walked over there slowly and Oakley was stepping off the table and came over to me holding a fork full of salad. She leaned in on her tippy toes and she fed it to me chuckling.

"God that's good where'd you get the dressing Liza?" I said savoring the taste. It reminded me of vinaigrette with a little more sweetness.

"It's good right?" Oakley chuckled finishing it up in the middle of the cafeteria with everyone staring.

All I know is Liza stomped off with her little girl group but I was paying attention to the amused face of the one and only Oakley.

"Can I call you Oak it sounds cooler." I whispered as she threw the plastic fork and Tupperware away not even returning it.

"Sure but when people make it a thing you'll be the first to get it." She says as if it's a normal sentence she says day to day.

Such a violent person holy crap

"Well okay then. Walk to health with me?" I said trying to match the quietness of her normal tone.

"Sure but we have to stop by my locker to grab my stuff." She mumbles and starts walking fast.

I was quickly able to catch up but my legs couldn't keep up even though they were a whole foot almost longer.

"God you walk fast." I said out of breath as she grabs things out of her locker.

"No you just walk slow. You walk like those slo-mo cool kids or 'bad boys' on the Disney like shows. You walk like the guy the main girl characters have a crush on." She said quotations the "bad boys" with her fingers and making me wince at how cringe those shows are.

"Ew. And I have a question." I said as we started walking toward the gym.

"Hmm?" She hummed as a sign for me to go on.

"Why did you embarrass the girl back there is it for fun orrrr what? I mean I do it too but I just like teasing like that, why do you do it?" I swear I've never been so scared to ask a simple question. Her presence makes me nervous and feel on edge yet I wouldn't change it for anything else.

"I love when people hate me or are scared of me or don't like me. I enjoy seeing peoples irritation and embarrassment and hurt. It makes me feel powerful. That's the only way I can really explain it." She said it with such confidence, she looked happy saying it. It was weird.

"Why do you like it?" I asked in a voice just above a whisper but she still heard it.

"I like being in control. I like hurting those whom I don't want close." Oak stated that so simply.

"Why haven't you waved me away yet?" I was truly curious to hear this because she had done nothing to truly push me away.

"Because," she started and turned to stand in front of me meeting my eyes with her icy grey yet slightly blue ones, "I can't, you've seen me fight, you know Milo, I know a lot about you from watching off those cameras, if I fight you off I still see you underground, and I've seen the way you observe me Jax, you're intrigued so nothing I do or say will keep you away. We're a lot alike, I'm just hoping you don't get to close emotionally because then I will push you away. It won't be pretty so all I can do is warn you. Be careful Jax."