Chapter 14. Closer (his pov)

I woke up on the couch and my arms around the beautiful girl. I assumed Milo went to go grab the donuts.

I look down and my legs were intertwined with Oakleys small and smooth ones and both her hands were gently on my chest and her little face was smushed against my chest making her lips form the most perfect pout. Her dark lashes were laying softly on her cheeks. I love her sleeping face but others may think she isn't the prettiest sleeper due to the face she was drooling on my chest.

I thought it was adorable and I couldn't care less.

I heard the door open and Milo tip-toes in the room with two dozen donuts and 2 coffees. His black and mine creamed and then a cup like ours but it was filled with an orange smoothie type of substance.

"Does she not drink coffee? I thought at Denny's she didn't order it because it was late." I whispered wiping the hair from her face gently.

"No she doesn't like it and it hurts her stomach she prefers juice or water. She loves smoothies though and her fav is Mango Peach." He said as if knowing this information would benefit me. It would eventually.

"Pretty girl," I hum and she stirred, "beautiful wake up." I say remembering Milo warning me she wasn't a morning person last night after she fell asleep.

"Leave me alone you bimbo." She mumbled getting closer to me if that was even physically possible.

"Ouch fine no donuts or smoothie for you." I say gently but sternly with a grin on my face ready to see the response.

She shot up and screeched "Donuts?"

Milo had pulled plates from my cupboard and Oakley stood quickly then ran over and gave him a kiss on the cheek as she grabbed a plate and put three donuts on it. One glazed, one Boston cream, and one white iced donut with red white and blue sprinkles.

"I know I have morning breath and I refuse to brush my teeth until these are in my belly." She said as she took a sip from her smoothie.

Milo and I just chuckled as we both put four donuts on our plate. She hummed happily as she rocked back and forth. We knew this happy side wouldn't last before she goes to her original cold state so we just enjoyed it and observed her.

I told Milo about her opening up to me and her being kind and gentle and of course to respect her privacy I didn't tell him the specifics but he was happy. I supposed in a way I asked for his blessing because I knew he raised her in a way and it meant a lot to me to gain his approval.

I just accepted the said consequences and hoped I didn't screw anything up with her because that man doesn't give empty threats. He's sorta scary. On multiple occasions I almost piss myself around him. Milo and Oak have been the only people that have ever truly intimidated me.

It's crazy how I liked Oakley even after she stalked me and blackmailed me. Does that make me weird? I don't even know anymore.

"Hey mate you good?" I hear Milo yell taking me out off my thoughts.

"Yea sorry I was just thinking." I said while taking another bite of my third donut. Damn I didn't even realize I ate the other two.

"About what may I ask?" Oak mumbled.

"About how I still stuck around you after you basically stalked and blackmailed me." I say grinning a conceited grin.

"Why did you stay?" She asked seeming genuinely curious.

"Because I have a desire to be in your company whether that may be good or bad." I say taking a sip of my creamed coffee.

"Honest, I like it." She said with a small smile as she took a bite of her cream filled donut and it exploded onto her mouth and plate.