102.

MaNan!

3'o clock in the night.

I opened my eyes with some noise. Well,I could barely open my eyes. I was tired as hell. From what I could make out,it was the voice of rain.

Iss samay baarish. Mumbai weather,uff.

I turned to other side of my bed only to see Nandini not there.

I opened my eyes with a jerk.
Just then,I heard a thunder roar pretty loudly. Hell, she's scared of lightning.

I stood up and my hand went towards the switchboard to switch on the lights.

Damn,no electricity.

"Nandini" I stood up and called for her. She's actually scared of lightning. She doesn't admit it but I know.

And suddenly I was scared of the darkness too,
My shining light wasn't here with me that's why. My light- my wife.

"Nandini" I called for her again,little loudly. Where is she?

I don't have good feeling about all this.

I had to walk slowly because I could see nothing due to darkness.

"Ma-manik" I heard a faint voice.

"NANDINI" I shouted back. Balcony? SHE'S IN THE BALCONY. FUCK.

In this rain, she's outside. Plus her voice didn't really give me a good vibe.

I ran outside towards my room's balcony.

Luckily garden's like were on probably because of our lane's generator. Those light were faint too because of rain.

I saw outside only to see a sight which never fails to break my heart.

Nandini sitting in a disheveled state. Clothes drenched in rain. Eyes red. Hair messy.

👀

Manik ran towards Nandini seeing her state.

"Kya hua Nandini?" He asked in a panic stricken voice. He kneeled down in front of her. Her knees folded till her chest.

"Kya-kya huaa?" Manik asked her again cupping her cheeks.

Nandini's breakdowns were not new. She often got nightmares. It broke Manik everytime but there was nothing he could do about it and that broke him more.