106.

I don't know how to compensate for my absence so here's a loooooong update ;)

---

"I want to have a baby" A sentence that shocked Manik to core.

"What- bab-baby?" Manik turned around and asked to see Nandini nodding with a big smile on her face.

"Sahab,college bandh karni hai" before Manik could say something,the security guard came and Manik nodded before starting to walk out,Nandini followed him.

-

"Are you going to ignore this?" Nandini asked as they entered Malhotra Mansion.

Manik played loud music all the way up till home to avoid any conversation with Nandini.

"This is so sudden Nandini,I mean-" Manik couldn't complete the sentence as he couldn't find correct words.

"I am not saying we need to start trying right now Manik but I just want to know your thoughts about it" Nandini argued.

"I have no thoughts about it Nandini. We're still young, we've plenty of time for ourselves and to plan a child and moreover I just- I never thought of having a child" Manik kept dropping bombs on Nandini with every word he spoke.

"Never thought of having a kid?" Nandini asked,shocked.

"No. Never did. Yes,there were always mentions about having a child or what would it be to have a child but I have never thought of it seriously and I don't think I'm ready to be a Dad. It's a huge responsibility to bring an entire human into this world, Nandini" Manik said.

"Manik. I always thought that you wanted a child because of the way you spoke about kids and you love kids" Nandini said.

"Yes,I love kids. Kids who are not mine. Bacche dusro ke ache hi lagte hai Nandini, Apna bacha paida karna aur usko bada karna is bigger than you think it is-"

"I know how big it is Manik but I am not saying we need to have a child right away, whenever you're ready. Whenever you want but you need to tell me that you will want it someday Manik" Nandini said,tearing up.

"I don't know Nandini" He said. It broke something in Nandini. She never thought for this to be reaction.

Manik walked out leaving a shattered Nandini behind. Nandini slept on the bed with tears shining in her eyes.

It felt disgusting that the man that she loved the most didn't want to have a child with her.

After some minutes of venting out,she decided to go to her husband.
-

Manik was on the terrace. Looking up at the stars gave him peace and sometimes,he looked for answers in them. Answers to the questions that seemed messy and tough.

He wanted a child. Always. With Nandini. Always. But was he ready for it? Was it going to change their lives? It was going to impact their lives largely and was he ready to do that?

He sipped on his beer. He realized he had been drinking alot these days.

"Manik" Nandini's voice stopped him while he was taking a sip of his beer.

"Alcohol isn't the only way of letting out your frustration,talking it out helps too" She sounded pissed. She hated how frequently he was drinking these days.

Manik continued sipping on his drink. Nandini and Manik shared a relationship where they always expressed their displeasure over things the other person did that they don't like but they never tried to control each other. They never tried to parent each other and limited themselves to being the partners. Just how it should be.