113.

5521 words
Phew. ✨

--------

Next morning.

Nandini could hardly sleep the whole night. She was going to go to Murthy house the first thing today.

"Itni jaldi uth gayi tum?" Manik asked as he was ready for a zoom meeting to attend. Nandini was too occupied in her head to answer.

"Acha suno, I'm home today aaj work from home lelo, we'll spend the day together" He said looking at her fold her blanket.

"Nahi, I've to go aaj. Important topic pe discussion hai boss se so" She said avoiding eye contact.

"Okay. I'll drop you then" He said looking at her intently.

"Nahi Manik,kaam hoga na tumhe. Mein chali jaungi. Waise bhi I've to buy some things for myself so woh leke jaungi isliye jaldi nikal rahi huh" She smiled. Manik nodded and got back to work. He thought she'd tell him what was wrong with her in the morning but she didn't and he didn't want to force her.

Nandini came out of the washroom all ready,15 minutes later.

"Bye" She hugged him.

"Bye baby. Take care. Finish your water" He kissed her forehead loosely touching her waist. Nandini left taking her handbag and sipper.

_______________________________

Murthy House.

"Why didn't you tell me about it Chacha?" Nandini screamed.

"Nandini taking responsibility of 4 people instead of two wasn't easy for me. I tried my best but I was short on money. I thought the shares I brought will help me earn but it didn't and I lost money. Tumhare aur rishabh ke liye hi kiya maine yeh beta" Her Chacha said.

"Aap Amms se paise maang lete Chacha,why the hell would you borrow money from some roadside hooligan who comes and threatens you all. Also 25L ke badle 40L? How are we going to manage it?" Nandini yelled again.

"Also,this house is on loan. When did you do it? AND WHY WOULD YOU DO IT?" Nandini screamed so loud that she started coughing. She was worried about where Chacha Chachi and Rishabh would live. She in no way wanted to burden Manik with any of these.

"Nandini. Beta pani pio! Itna chillana iss halat mein thik nahi. Mein inko rokti rahi beta ki mat lijiye paise udhaar lekin inhone suna hi nahi" Chachi said.

"Ek baar mujhse baat kar lete chacha, I'd have helped you" She said calmly.

"Mujhse pucha tha kisine before giving me you and Rish-" He said and stopped half away. Frustration got the better of him.

"Yeh kya keh rahe hai aap?" Chachi yelled at him.

Nandini smiled sadly. She didn't know why she expected this someday, to hear something like this from someone but definately not her Chacha himself.

"True" She said. Chachi tried to say something when Nandini showed her hand to make her stop.

"Agar aapke paas paise lene aane wale gundo ne Rishabh ko kuch bhi kiya na,toh mujhse bura koi nahi hoga Chacha. And you're right,you were burdened with the responsibility of me and rishabh so it's only fair that I sort this shit out." She said and walked away. The goons sat right outside as if trying to intimidate the people inside.

"2 din hai Nandini Murthy Malhotra Madam,warna akhbaar mein de denge ki Manik Malhotra ki biwi ko paise udhaar lene pade" A guy threatened as Nandini walked from there. Nandini was hurt because of so many things today,she couldn't care less about the threats. She had 48 hours to manage the money and she didn't know how.