115.

happy 8 years to this magic of a show. a show that's home to so many people. 

- i will let malhotra do rest of the talking. hop in. 🌙❤️‍🩹💌🏠

- manik malhotra's pov -

Nandini was watching her favourite drama "Zindagi Gulzar Hai". I don't know why she liked that show. Maybe because I've always hated her show watching choices. Some scene where fawad khan says "chand dekh raha huh" shit was going on and I couldn't help but cringe. Who talks like that?

Today,I was helping my very pregnant wife clean up the cupboard today today when I found a diary I used to write in college which I never told anyone about because it didn't suit my personality. Not write so much as venting out anger in it. On various people for various reasons. Back then,I didn't know that years later I would be married to the same girl who frustrated and annoyed me to my core. As I opened the diary,I realized the date written on it was of exactly 8 years before.

21st July,2014.

Our jeep met an accident with a cheap ass bus today as we were coming back to Mumbai after a concert. My already fucked up mood was fucked up more.

My head was also messed up because of something Alya did today. Dating her suddenly felt like a burden I didn't want to carry anymore but didn't want to let go off. I don't know how to deal with this!

I laughed as I read the first two paragraphs of the first page of my diary. I don't remember the feeling of ever loving Alya. I don't know why. It seems like it never happened. As I skimmed through all the paragraphs I had written,the last two lines caught my eyes.

"The only good thing for my ego today was when I saved some girl's fireflies jar from falling. She looked like someone my age,why tf would someone my age have a jar of fireflies?! Who cares,anyways. She was the only good thing about my day."

I smiled as I read every word I had written. She is the good thing about my day since the day I met her. Nothing has changed since then. 8 years down the line,she still is the good thing about all my days.

I turned page after page and read things that made me laugh and nostalgic. I stopped at this one page that made me realize that it's the first time her name made a debut in my diary.

3rd August,2014

Nandini Murthy. God, I hated that she was my partner for a singing performance today. It was friendships day and she can be anything but a friend to me,ever. I could've managed with that stupid shahid the drummer also but not murthy,ugh.