Chapter 42: Are You Serious?!

Matthew's POV:

The party was going great. Angela and everyone else in the hall were dancing like if there wasn't any tomorrow. For now, we were taking a break and the Dj took over. I sat next to Angela in a table and chugged down some cocktails.

I turned around and noticed Frigga and Odin finally sitting up un their thrones. "Um, I'll be right back okay?" I said but I guess no one heard me as everyone was laughing at a joke that Frandal said.

I approached the King and Queen and greet them. "Good evening your highnesses." I bowed at them.

"Hello Matthew." Odin said coldly. Yeah, like always, he had never liked me but hey... it wasn't my fault.

"Good evening Matthew! Thank you for this special performance. Your presence wasnt required so I guess you have something to tell us." Frigga said and I nodded.

"Your welcome. And yes, I must have a word with you Queen Frigga." I said and she looked at Odin. He did a small nod and she turned back to me.

"Of course. What is it?" Frigga says and I look at Odin.

"In private would be preferable." I said and Odin turned and nodded to Frigga.

"Step in to the hallway. I'll keep watch for you my queen." Odin said and Frigga smiled.

"In that case, come." Frigga stood up and I followed her out some back doors. We came to a stop a bit far from the ballroom and she turned.

I took her hands and embraced her in a hug. "Oh I missed you!" I feel that she is feeling the same and hear her sniff a bit.

"I missed you too Matthew." Frigga said. "Oh I am in a big debt with you. Thank you for everything you've done for me."

"Any time. That's what family does." I smile and she takes my hands.

"You sure haven't changed. Well, you grew a bit but you still look the same. Have I told you that you remind me of father?" She said and I blush.

"I haven't heard you say that. And I bet I do." I say and look down at her hands.

"Oh I wish we could spend time like when we were younger little bother." She said. I looked up and smiled widely as I had missed so much her voice and calling me little brother.

"I do too big sister." I say and couldn't hold the urge to just hug her again.

"Little brother? Big sister?" I heard someone say. I let go of Frigga and turn around to where the voice came from.

"A-Angela... uh." I stuttered as I was in shock.

"You don't have to say anything. It's clearly that YOU are still keeping secrets from me. And YOU... why didn't you tell me before? I trusted you." Angela said, pointing to Frigga and me. I noticed she was about to collapse as I could see her eyes getting watery.

"I was going to tell you..."

"When?! It sounds like never!" She screamed and Frigga stepped forward.

"Angela, listen. We were going to tell you soon. Actually, tomorrow but we never..." Frigga tried to say.

"You should just shut up! You don't deserve to speak!" Angela yells at Frigga.

"Angela!" Frigga shouted and in a blink of an eye, Angela's face turned as Frigga's hand had hit her.

Angela's right hand went up her cheek and slowly turned towards us. "Frigga... what have you done?" I whispered at her.

"I wish I couldn't have to be your daughter." Angela said through greeted teeth and left running, disappearing in the distance.

Frigga turned towards me and started crying. "Why would she tell me that?!"