Chapter 35: Realizations

Angela's POV:

I woke up as the light of the sun came in through the window. I put on my hoodie again and closed the window. I really didn't want to do anything today so I take myself back to my bed, letting my body crash across the bed.

I lay there and stare at the ceiling. I frown as I feel that the other side of the bed felt warm. I let my hand touch the warm space and I frown even more as glimpses of what happened last night came to me.

I quickly sit up and let my hands go straight to my face. "Loki came. Why didn't he let me go with him?" I cried and sobbed for a few minutes. "No. Was it a dream? Yeah." I wipe my tears away and say "It was all a dream."

I get up and prepare everything for today. From my outfit to my crossed bag slash backpack. I carried my notebooks and my tablet with all my chargers in case I had an idea out of nowhere and I could write it down. I jumped in the shower and did my hair and makeup.

I do my bed and head down to the kitchen. I found my uncharged cellphone and remembered I had my portable charger in my bag. I plugged it in and stuffed my one shoulder backpack with my tablet, my laptop, all the chargers and my notebook with several pens and pencils.

I saw the wall's clock and it showed that it was 10. "Shit! I'm late!" I run down the hall and get the first keys and lock the door behind me. As I went down in the elevator, I noticed I had taken the keys that had only the apartment and garage ones, not the ones to take my car. I sigh and run out to the sidewalk to catch a cab.

Once in the recording building, I headed straight to the meeting room. I opened the door slowly and slid to my seat across from Matthew. I let my backpack fall gently in the floor and grab the pen that was in front of me and pretend I'm paying attention.

"Angela?" The head of the company asked.

"Yes I totally agree." I say looking up at him as if I was paying attention.

"Um, you agree on what?" He asked and I feel everyone looking at me.

"What? You obviously know I wasn't paying attention so you have to ask me again." I smile lightly and he chuckles.

"I saw you slide in okay. Listen, we want your opinion on which song to chose to make a video and what will the name of the album be." He said.

I looked at him and thought. "Let's call the album Drowning and um... at least let me listen to the demo one more time." I say.

He looks at me and then at everyone. "I like the album's name. And .. okay, the meeting will be postponed until Monday. Everyone can leave. Oh, Angela, Jake, stay for a second please."

Everyone in the room gets up and leaves. I stay sitting down and turn to Jake. He shrugs his shoulders as I do a 'what's going on' face.

"Okay. Guys, please hurry up with the album okay. I told you I have a release date, which is next Wednesday." He said in a tired voice.

"Don't worry. I'll work on it all night long okay." I say.

"I've helped her with some music ideas, but I'll do my best." Jake said and the boss nodded. He said to leave and I pick up my stuff from the floor and run to the recording booth.

*Late night*

"Angela, let's go. We need some rest, come on." Jake told me. We've sat in the recording booth the whole day trying to come up with a song.

"But we only have the bridge!" I said.

"It's alright. Remember that the boss gave us enought time to work on it. Now get your stuff and let's go home." Jake said. I huff annoyingly and stand up from the floor.