Chapter 11: Loki's Release

Angela's POV:

I walked along with the rest of the people back to the palace. Odin was a few steps away from me and I had the urge to be with him. I approached him and intertwined my fingers with his. He looked at me with confusion.

"Odin, my condolences. I'm truly sorry about your wife." I said. I looked down at our hands and he now grasped it tighter.

"Thank you Angela. Thanks for coming and walk with me a bit. I do want a bit of company." He said, tilting his head down.

I smiled at him and out of nowhere I hugged his arm. I knew everything was alright but I couldn't say it. All I could do was to console everyone. He placed his other hand in my head and said "You know, Frigga told me last night that you were going to bring peace and change to Asgard."

"She did?" I said.

"Yes. I don't know why she said it but she was truly happy when she told me. Frigga also said that she trusted you, even though you are lying to us." At those last words, I let go of his arm and stepped aside. "Don't worry, like she told me. You have your reasons to lie but she said that it wasn't for any harm. And I believe that also."

"I-i don't know what to say. I'm truly a bad liar but I do have to say that I'm not doing it cuz I want to but because I have to." Odin looked at me with a slight smile.

"Do so and when you are ready to say the truth, I will understand." I smiled a bit and took Odin's stretched hand. We walked in the palace and went to our rooms to rest.

Thor's POV:

I woke up and got ready for the day, even though I had no idea what I will do. I walked down the halls of the palace and felt like letting my brother know what had happened, but somehow I knew he knew. But also, I wanted to talk with him about what I had been thinking over the night.

I went straight to the dungeon and let the guards know I wanted to see Loki. Once in, I stood in front of Loki's cell.

"Brother, I come with news..."

"Yeah I know Thor. I know what happened up there. Why are you truly here for?" Loki interrupted me. I knew he wasn't okay.

"Could you please stop with the illusions." I said. His magic showed the sad truth behind the cell. Loki, my brother, sadly and angrily sat in the floor. The furniture torn into pieces, his clothes torn and blood all over the walls and on him. There was a pause then he finally spoke.

"Did she suffer?"

"I did not come here to share our grief. Instead I offer you the chance of a far richer sacrament..." I stopped before I continued.

"Go on." Loki said.

"I know you seek vengeance as much as I do. You help me escape Asgard, and I will grant it to you. Vengeance. And afterward, this cell." I continued.

"You must be truly desperate to come to me for help. What makes you think you can trust me?" He said.

"I don't. Mother did. You should know that when we fought each other in the past, I did so with a glimmer of hope that my brother was still in there somewhere. That hope no longer exists to protect you. You betray me, and I will kill you." I say straight forward.

"Hm. When do we start?" He said. There was the Loki I knew. I told him my plan and he listened. Without another word, I set him free.

"Go and wash up. I'll meet you up in the dining room for breakfast. I want you to meet some people also. After that, our mission will start." I said and took of his hand chains as we came to a stop.