Chapter 26: Bad Memories

Loki's POV:

I noticed that Angela was acting a bit different. More like anxious. We walked inside the building and stopped in a lobby.

"Oh! They fixed the elevator. Let's get in, it's faster." Jane said and everyone followed. We got inside this small box ,or elevator like she called it,and she pressed a button that lighted up.

"W-we are going up to t-the 5th floor?" Angela stuttered. I frowned as I kept noticing this strange attitude.

"Yeah. I live in apartment 5G. I've got a small terrace with the view of the city." Jane said. "But we're just picking up some things from here, then we'll go to London."

"London? Why are we going to London?" Angela asked.

"Apparently Malekith is going to London. I do not understand quite well why but Professor Erik Selvig and my intern Darcy will help us figure that out. And they so happened to be in London." Jane said and the moving box stopped.

"Oh dear." Angela said and we all exited the box. We walked through the long hallway with doors and numbers until we stopped in a door that said 5G.

Angela's POV:

We stopped in Jane's apartment. I didn't want to look to the end of the hall, or should I say two doors across, but I turned and saw that door. Apartment 5J. I both hated that number and that letter ever since.

I made my hands into fists to control my nerves. Jane opened the door and Thor, thank God, let me in first. I saw Jane's apartment a bit messy but full of scientific equipment. "Wow!" I said and walked farther in.

"Sorry for the mess but I haven't been here since that incident in Stark Tower. Which, I happen to have a view to it too." Jane pointed to a closed green curtain and I walk to it.

"May I?" I ask and she nods. Before I turned to open the curtain, Thor saw a clothes hanger and hung Mjölnir, making himself at home. Loki, in the other hand, was now sitting at a table looking through some papers.

"Why are there so many numbers and letters written here?" Loki asked and I chuckled. I turn and open the curtain. The view of New York City was gorgeous.

"No, no! Leave that there!" I hear Jane shout. I open the sliding door and step outside. I breath in the fresh air and sit in the terrace. I remembered when I first came to live here with... her.

"Mind if I sit?" Loki said down at me.

"Um, sure." I said. He sits and looks at the view too.

"Well. I'm glad that Stark is fixing that thing." Loki said. I turn and hit him in his arm. "Hey! What was that for?"

"For that damage. You should be the one helping fix it." I say and stay staring at him.

"Yeah... well. What's wrong? You've been acting strange since we got in this building." Loki said.

I sigh and respond "I really don't want to talk about it. But you do know a part of the story."

"Loki! Angela! Come in here!" Thor shouted and we went in, forgetting about the conversation.

"What is it now Thor?" Loki said. I followed him without saying anything.

"Can you two guard the entrance? We'll be out there in a couple of minutes." Thor said and I noticed Loki roll his eyes.

"Okay." I say and Jane frowns as my voice sounded a bit shaky.

Once outside the apartment, I stood on the right side of the door frame, while Loki on the left side.