Chapter 43: An Opportunity

Angela's POV:

The ceiling with only a slight ray of the moon's light kept looking down at me as I stared back at it. The doctor's news had me thinking on everything. My child probably being fatherless, going through the pregnancy alone, raising the baby all by myself... worse... getting kicked out by Odin.

I couldn't keep this to myself. They would eventually notice, even more because I have to be in bed for a month. And my stomach will show sooner or later... what if I wrap myself like those actresses? No I couldn't do that, it was way too risky for the baby's health.

"Ugh!" I groan and get out of bed, taking my night robe and putting on my slippers. I opened the door quietly and walked towards Frigga's room. If everyone had to know, Frigga would be the first to know about this. I sigh and knock two times in the golden doors.

A tired Frigga appeared as she opened the door and wiped her sleep off her eyes. "Yes?"

"Frigga?" I ask. Her eyes flutter open and stutters to answer.

"W-what are you doing up at this time? Um, come in." She said and I went in her room. I stood to the side as I waited for her to talk or tell me what to do. "Come, have a seat over here. Is there something wrong?" She asked and I started to play with my thumbs as I sat in a corner of the bed.

"Um... I- I don't know how to start this." I say but don't look up at her.

"Angela, it must be something very important for you to come and tell me at this late hour." She said and I take in a deep breath.

"I'm pregnant." I quickly say. I close my eyes as if I was getting ready to be hit right in the face.

"A-are you... your... oh my! Congratulations darling!" She said and I looked up, frowning. She noticed my face and asked "You should be happy. Why aren't you?"

I open my eyes wide a bit, and look down at my normal belly. "The father." I simply say.

"What about him? Who's the father?" She said excitedly. I look up and bite my lower lip. She noticed my face expression and her eyes went wide.

"No." I could tell she was shocked. Frigga started pacing the room from one side to another with her hands in fists and up in her mouth. "You have to tell your father before the Court announce their decision."

"But, I don't know by when they'll actually decide. Maybe I'm already late." I say and stand up.

"No. Odin told me that tomorrow will be the day of the final decision. You are still in time to speak. Don't hesitate and tell Odin before he leaves." Frigga said and approached me, taking my hands in hers.

"What if he goes mad and banishes me?" I ask, affraid to even think of that fact.

"He won't. He wouldn't be able to do that knowing you are with a child, but he will go a bit mad." Frigga said. "Look, I know you can still speak up so before all this happens, plan on how to solve this. Remember you have until tomorrow morning. If you need anything from me, I am willing to help you."

I give her a small smile as my eyes get filled with tears. "Thank you mom." I quickly lean in and hug her really tight.

"You just called me... mom." Frigga said, pushing me away from her. My tears rolled down my cheeks and I nodded. She smiled widely and embraced me back in hug.

"I love you Angela. You are my daughter and I want the best for you. Don't you ever forget about that." She said and I nodded once more in over her shoulder. "Come. You can sleep here with me. You need rest since tomorrow will be a very important day."