Chapter 20: Magical Powers?

Thor's POV:

The sun was setting when I woke up. I felt someone in my chest so I look down and notice Angela. I remembered what happened and I smiled sadly down at her. I gently set her down in the bed and I get up. I looked around and found some paper and ink. I wrote her a note and set it beside her. I opened the door quietly and left to get ready for dinner.

Angela's POV:

I heard a door close in the distance but I didn't wake up. Instead I turned and my hand hit paper. I open my eyes slowly and read:

"Dear Angela:

     I hope you feel better. I had to leave, just before my friends start looking for me. I'll wait for your presence at the dinning room. After, my friends and Jane will head to the main fireplace, across the main entrance. We would like for you to come, but if you don't feel alright, we'll understand.

                    -Thor"

I smile at the note and chuckle at his handwriting. He tried to write it in cursive at first, but failed and wrote the rest in his regular sloppy guy handwriting.

I get up and fix myself a bit. I sigh as I notice my eyes being a bit puffy from all the crying. I put more eyeliner in the bottom and more powder under my eyes. They looked less puffy now so I decided to head down.

Once in the dining room, everyone except Odin and Loki were there. It seemed as if no one knew what happened since everyone greeted me with a big hey. Thor sat next to me and it made me feel a bit more comfortable.

After dinner, I followed everyone to their hangout place (which I found out by listening to Sif complaining about them just spending time there). There was I huge fireplace in the middle of the room and some small tables were spread out.

Volstagg and Frandal start arm wrestling while Sif and Thor get the fire going on. Jane and I sat on one of the cushion seats and see what's next. Hogun came in later with some snacks and drinks. We spent the rest of the evening there goofing around.

After a while, everyone sat down and made smores. We started talking about ourselves then it was my turn.

"So. Angela. What about you? Do you have a talent or something?" Thor asked. I looked up at him, then at everyone. I get my marshmallow out and start cooling it a bit.

"I sing." I say and take a bite.

"Sing? What's that?" Frandal said.

"Whoa! You guys don't listen to music?!" I say shocked to hear that from them.

"We do. Only in feasts. Is that 'sing'?" Hogun said. Jane and I laugh a bit and they look at us confused.

"It's singing. Like, you use your voice and the music goes along with what you're saying." I try to explain at them.

"Tell us more about this 'singing' thing getting along with music." Thor said.

"Well, you see... um, someone plays an instrument and makes music. Then another person comes in and starts saying a poem or what we call it, lyrics. These lyrics go with the instrument's music." I say, hoping I was explaining right. Jane smiled the whole time, knowing I was the perfect one to show them about songs.

"Oh! Could you show us?" Sif said.

"She'll need an instrument first." Jane jumped in.

"Will a flute do?" Volstagg said.

"Yes!" I say. He pulls a small flute out from his back pocket and starts playing it. I concentrate on the melody and the lyrics come to me. The music was soothing and I started to sing: