Chapter 1

Thursdays were usually quiet in the pub. But I certainly didn't complain. Most of the drunk old men and women always seem to get on my nerves throughout the week. The same people every day. Never on a Thursday though.

There were, however, very few nice customers that came once in a while. And today was one of those days. I wasn't busy with anything at the moment and was practically asleep on the bar counter. That was until the bell rang, alerting me that there was a customer.

Right away, I got up and tried to hide the bags under my eyes, trying to look presentable, but to no avail. Oh well, it was just one customer. Depends if it's one of those assholes who kept hitting on me till day's end. Thank god he wasn't.

I smiled and looked at him. He was a familiar face. His name is Oliver, and he was only a few years older than me. 28 to be exact. He's one of the only customers I could enjoy having a conversation with.

"What is it today Oliver?" I asked, waiting for an answer.

"The usual please." He replied, with a smile planted on this face.

Oliver hardly got pissed. And since he knew I never had days off, he didn't want to anger me. Any wrong move and his head wouldn't be attached to his body. That, I was exaggerating. Long story short, it was clear to him that I had a short temper.

Of course, he had come to see it the first night he was drunk. Surprisingly, it was also the first night he had met me. We were hanging out at the bar, me, being annoyed that he was drunk and throwing backhanded compliments to me -which he never meant it in that way- I got frustrated. All I wanted was a proper conversation. So I challenged him to an arm wrestle. I may have used up all my anger, thus, resulting in Oliver's arm going numb after I hit his funny bone. He found it quite painful and didn't even remember the next day, which was a relief.

So all in all, I considered him a close friend of mine.

While serving Oliver a drink, my grandad, Wally, walked into the room. He was a fantastic guy. The fact that he could still move without a struggle at almost 90 years of age was awesome!

"Hello, Oliver!" He said, walking to the 28-year-old man slowly.

"Hey, Wally! Nice to see you!" Oliver shook my grandpa's hand. After doing so, Oliver looked away from him and over to me. His expression said it all. He had something very important to tell me, but away from my grandpa, Wally. The only question was, why now?

I acted as if grandad should go and take a break, which was true, he was 89. Of course, he needed a break!

"Well, grandad, I think you should take a break, I'll call a taxi to take you back home and I'll take care of the mess!" There was concern in Wally's eyes. He wasn't worried about himself, but he was worried about me. What a selfless man.

"But (Y/N), what if some of those nasty guys come on in and try and do something to ya?" He looked into my eyes, basically hoping I'd say something along the lines of 'Well then, I guess it would be a better idea for you to stay...'

_______________________________________

The taxi I phoned to come and pick up grandad was here, and Wally sat in the taxi, placing his bag on the ground in front of him. The taxi driver and my grandad had a rather nice conversation since she was a familiar face. I rarely saw her, but she was the one to take me and my grandad back after we'd finish work. After they had a fair share of laughs, they left me and Oliver at the pub.

"So, what's the big news then? It better not be a waste of time!" I walked back into the building with Oliver. But not before switching the sign from open, to closed.

"Have you not heard? It's everywhere, the news channel, radio, broadcasts, even the newspaper!" Oliver grabbed the rolled-up newspaper that was in his satchel, then he opened it up.

"Must be serious then?" I questioned, he nodded at this.

"Well apparently. Here, take a look!" Oliver handed the newspaper to me and took a sip out of his drink.

______________________________________

!!Breaking News!!

!!A group of boys was found dead in Joey Drew studios, it may not be such a wonderful place after all!!

A teenage boy by the name of Artie Miller was found dead in an abandoned building. Later, others discovered the corpses of the rest of the group who had travelled with Artie. Unfortunately, only one clue as to who the killer could've been was found. But the clue was never useful, a jar of ink.

If you are familiar with the group of boys, or if you are familiar with the place, please contact us immediately.

Please call: 10184 694 4628

_______________________________________

"Isn't that in New York?" I titled my head, to this, Oliver nodded. "Well that's strange, why have we got an article about New York?"

Oliver shrugged his shoulders. He didn't know why he got the news, neither did I. But we all figured it had to be serious. I didn't know why but I was feeling rather intrigued, I wanted to see for myself. of course, I wasn't planning on telling anybody though. No one would let me go there, it would be too dangerous.

Then I realized something, I had to make sure my grandad didn't collect the newspaper from the doorstep, otherwise, he would know what I was up to.

"Sorry Oliver but I have to go now!" I ran to the door, but Oliver stopped me.

"Wait! Don't you have to close and clean the place?" He asked. I grabbed the keys from my pocket and tossed them to him so that he could lock up.

"Do me a favour. Do it for me! Thanks bye!" I rushed out of the building and over to the bus stop. The bus would be here any minute now.

The reason my grandfather got a taxi was that no busses were heading our way at the time, and now there was. I could get a taxi, but then I thought that it would save me the wait to get the bus.

Right on time! The bus was here. I paid for the bus ticket and sat down in one of the front seats. Though I'd normally be on the second floor of the double-decker bus, I had no time to. And the bus headed off.

_______________________________________

At last! I arrived back home, drenched in rain from outside. I forgot to do one thing before stepping in the house, and that was to check the letterbox.

"(Y/N), your back all of a sudden. Where's Oliver, didn't he take you back?" Wally asked me after he walked up to me. He put an arm around my shoulder and walked with me to the kitchen.

"No... I was in a rush. You see, my friend texted me and asked if I wanted to stay with her in New York-"

"No. You don't fool me (Y/N). I know where you're going. It's to the studio, isn't it?" After he said that, I looked to the ground.

'How'd he guess?' I thought. Unless he read the newspaper, or watched the news, or listened to the radio. Wally smiled and closed his eyes.

"You can go, but speak to Henry before anything, here's his address. I have a strange feeling your journey won't be as dangerous as Henry found it." He gave you a piece of paper with an address on it. I guessed it was Henry's address. 'Just how did he change his mind so quickly?'

So, here we are. Friday, 5 am, heading to the airport in a taxi. I have a feeling I won't be roaming the streets of Bristol for a long time...

_______________________________________

A/N: Please don't be dumb. Don't call the number I put down. Thank you.

Word count: 1374 words

Amberzoeheart~