Chapter 32

--Previously--

I sighed, joyful that I was out of that room that I hated dearly. I handed the toolbox back to the Ink Demon and after that, we both strolled down the corridor happily, well, me more happy than Bendy.

The two of us met with the group shortly after we got the toolbox. Allison and Tom were glad to have us with them, as they finally had more company. But they were more overjoyed to know that we were never coming back to this area again (well, for a good while at least). And at last, we made out way back to the one and only Bertrum Piedmont.
_____________________________________

"Quite frankly, I'm surprised she didn't catch you two," Bertrum added to the conversation.
I and the ink demon arrived back with the tools to fix Bertrum. Allison and Thomas never bothered to talk to him, as they didn't want anything to do with him. As for right now, Bertrum gave out a long, boring speech that I didn't bother listening to.
"However, you took longer than expected. Did anything happened with you two while you were out there?" Bertrum asked.
It was odd of him to ask of that. And I wasn't going to tell him anyway.
His deviant behaviour made him seem untrustworthy, even if he meant no harm, I still didn't want to take the chance.

So I shook my head.
"Apart from Alice almost finding us, nothing at all."
Bertrum didn't look quite sure of that answer, and that made me feel anxious. I felt as though Bertrum thought there was a special thing going on between me and the Ink Demon, and honestly, I didn't know myself. The ink demon had always confused me, and each passing hour, he became even harder to read.
"... Very well then, I'll believe that." Said Bertrum, a slight uncertainty in his voice. He let go of that conversation and changed the topic. More focused on himself, he said, "I suppose we hurry. We wouldn't want any trouble in our way, would we?"

Thomas looked at his wife, who held the toolbox that I gave her. She passed it to the wolf and stepped back, knowing how Tom didn't like much attention when focusing on repairs.
She knew how anxious it made him. And so she got me and the Ink Demon to leave the room. Allison stayed of course, she was his wife so there was no reason to be nervous.
But Bertrum was the one making him nervous. Knowing Tom wasn't going to repair a lifeless object, but was actually going to repair an animate object scared him. The fact that Bertrum was watching Tom as he was repairing him made him feel uncomfortable. Nevertheless, he didn't speak of it. He didn't want his anxiety to be a huge deal and get in the way of things.
It confused me though. Did Thomas not get enough praise for his work? If not, he should've. He's a real handyman!

"So..." I spoke. "What happens after all this..?" Hearing those words, the ink demon became stiff. He didn't want to answer that now, and didn't even give any thought to it.
"Well... Y-you go home of course..." He said in slight disappointment. In reality, caved in his 'heart', he didn't want me to leave. The ink demon wanted me to stay with him.
I was the first person after 50 years to ever want to talk to him. He didn't show it much, but he liked me. Truth is, he was very pleased to have another friend, if he could even call it that. We were both confused about our relationship. The Ink Demon had puzzled himself, really.
I looked at him, seeing him turned away. He slouched, looking away miserably. And I wanted nothing more than to comfort him. So I turned him to face me and wrapped my now-thin arms around him.

"Don't make this depressing! I'll be back!" Bendy knew what I was like by now and didn't even bother to hide how he felt at the moment.
"Sure you will. They always come back..." He joked, referring to the situation that made him like this in the first place.
He was broken, and after finding me, he was beginning to feel normality again (not that he ever felt it in the first place). I guess that made him not want to lose me. It wasn't the fact that I was helping him, he just... Cared about me, wanted me to be safe in his arms. And to be honest, I felt the same way.
"... Bendy," I let go of the hug and looked at his half-covered face. "I promise you I'll be back. It may not be for a month of two since I'll probably be in hospital, but I will be back." I reassured him with a serious tone of voice.
Bendy couldn't tell whether it should be believed, or that he was being deceived once again. But he trusted me. So in that case, he believed me.
"... Good..." He replied calmly.

Shortly after, he wrapped his arms around me tightly (not suffocatingly tight), and sat against a wall. The Ink Demon held me closely, muttering words under his breath.
But these were words I could not understand, as he didn't speak clearly.
"This is awfully surprising." I commented, an amused smile on my face.
"Just be grateful I'm doing this, I never open up to people."
"I am grateful..." I shut my eyes and smiled softly once again. He was enough to keep me warm, since he basically trapped me. He buried his face in my neck. And after a short while, I heard purrs.
At first I thought it was a cat or something, but that wouldn't be possible. No cat was down here, and if there was, they would most likely be dead by now.
So it must've been the ink demon.
I pretended to be asleep since I didn't want to embarrass him. But eventually, after hearing his purrs and feeling so comfortable, I fell asleep,

Plunged into darkness once again...
______________________________________

A/N: Not much to this chapter I'm afraid, but all I can say is that the next chapter will be chaotic!

Word count : 1051 words

Amberzoeheart~